Therapeutic Specialist HIV, Gilead Denmark
Therapeutic Specialist HIV, Gilead Denmark
Denmark - Copenhagen
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join Gilead Nordics as a Therapeutic Specialist (TS) for HIV in Denmark. This strategically important role will ensure that Danish people living with HIV will benefit from Gilead's HIV medicines. As a TS for HIV in Denmark, you will drive results in our key therapeutic area and second biggest Nordic HIV market.
With more than 85 employees, Gilead Nordics has its main office in Stockholm and is responsible for the company's products in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development.
Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Our scientific focus has resulted in more than 25 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
As a Therapeutic Specialist, HIV in Denmark, you will be responsible for sales of Gilead's HIV medicines across the whole of Denmark. You will work in close collaboration with our key customers, as well as internally with the Product Manager, Business Unit Director (BUD) HIV and Field project manager HIV and colleagues from functions such as Medical, Market Access and Commercial Operations. You drive our cross-functional key account management (xKAM) process that sets goals and key activities for target accounts. You will engage with our customers to differentiate Gilead's HIV medicines utilizing the full range of communication channels (e.g. face-to-face meetings, video calls, and webinars), as well as to add value to them through appropriate co-creation projects with key clinics. You will report to the BUD HIV in Stockholm. Essential job functions and duties are summarized below.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Responsible for consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory through account focus and prioritizing activity on key targets.
- Represents Gilead's HIV medicines and services to a defined customer base across the assigned Danish territory (infectious disease clinics).
- Utilizes a level of HIV product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Appropriately utilizes various marketing materials (such as eDetailAid/campaign, value story, patient cases, scientific articles) to detail Gilead's HIV medicines, and works together with Product manager and others, where needed, to further develop and refine such materials.
- Initiates and implements key activities (e.g. regional meetings, lectures, webinars) opposite key accounts to drive brand differentiation, proactive switch to Gilead's HIV medicines and medical education, and works on appropriate co-creation projects with our focus account (on e.g. risk assessment in ageing HIV patients).
- Prepares an xKAM (business) plan, assigns activity and communicates required actions to achieve goals. Prepares territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures to drive outcomes in business plan and is accountable jointly for spend.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and business plans and can present regular performance updates both verbally and in writing.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers or within accounts.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Product manager, BUD and Field project manager HIV as well as colleagues from Medical, Market access, Commercial operations and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner, e.g. updating account plans in Teams, reviews ARC, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and company SOP's to required standard at all time.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Must be self-motivated but also able to work successfully together with the broader cross-functional team on the Gilead HIV portfolio.
- There is ownership of the sales portfolio as well as aspects of joint accountability.
- Extensive pharmaceutical company (TS) experience is essential - working knowledge from HIV or virology is a plus.
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required.
- Fluent in Danish and high proficiency in English.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree and a solid, proven track record of highly successful selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Prior therapeutic specialist experience from HIV or virology is a plus, but consistent achievement of sales and account working more important.
- Driven and resilient - self-drive to identify and implement projects needed to achieve targets in an ambiguous environment.
- Capability to network and build appropriate relationships with key customers in a limited access environment through the right use of all relevant communication channels (digital and F2F).
- Strong team player - listens actively and responds constructively to needs of others (external customers as well as other Gilead functions).
- Gets the job done and exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues.
- Curious with learning agility and enthusiasm for identifying and implementing win-win collaboration projects with key customers.
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Confidence and pride in how Gilead's HIV medicines can improve long-term treatment success and quality of life of Danish people living with HIV.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Inclusion (do not exclude anyone on race, colour, sex or disability)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
The field-based role will require travelling within Denmark, and occasionally within the Nordics and to Europe. The role may be based out of various parts of Denmark.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Denmark---Copenhagen/Therapeutic-Specialist-HIV--Gilead-Denmark_R0020253-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency