Research Scientist, Drug Metabolism (Biologics)
Research Scientist, Drug Metabolism (Biologics)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Foster City, California, that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need.
Together, We're Creating What's Possible! For more than 30 years, Gilead has pursued breakthroughs that were once thought to be impossible.
With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV, liver diseases, serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions, cancer and inflammation.
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) group at Gilead Sciences is seeking a candidate for the position of Research Scientist with the primary responsibility to serve as a DMPK project representative on biologics discovery and development project teams. A successful scientist will work closely with biologics discovery, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, and regulatory to optimize leads, to select candidates for clinical evaluation, and contribute to regulatory filings.
The primary responsibility of this Biologics DMPK Scientist position is to serve as a DMPK project representative on biologics discovery and development project teams. The scientist would also be responsible for the design and conduct of experiments to understand the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) properties of large molecule drug candidates.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Serve on project teams at various stages of discovery and development as a subject matter expert for DMPK Biologics, providing PK or PK/PD input to the design of nonclinical PK, toxicology, or pharmacology studies.
- Prepare study protocols and coordinate execution of nonclinical studies which may involve multiple functional areas and CROs.
- Design and perform complex PK-PD analysis to answer translational questions in support of project deliverables and first-in-human dose predictions.
- Work closely with project teams, line management and CROs to assure high quality and timely delivery of written reports for regulatory submissions.
- The position may require the scientist to perform quantitative ligand binding assays or LC-MS/MS assays for PK and immunogenicity support for nonclinical studies.
- Supervising research associate scientists may be required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Requires a highly motivated individual with a PhD (0-2 years), or a MS degree with 6+ years, or a BS degree with 8+ years in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, pharmacology/toxicology, immunology, bioengineering, or related life science field and/or industry experience in large molecule/biologics discovery and development.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellent verbal and technical communication, independent scientific thinking, with the ability to interpret results, determine next steps and present data to project teams and senior management.
- Knowledge and/ or experience in the application of routine PK and basic compartmental modeling software systems such as Phoenix/WinNonlin, ADAPT, MATLAB/Simbiology, or similar is required.
- Hands-on experience in large molecule bioanalytical techniques (ELISA, MSD, Gyros, LC-MS/MS, or similar) to support ADME studies is desired.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Drug-Metabolism--Biologics-_R0020399-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency