HR Shared Services Specialist II
HR Shared Services Specialist II
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
In this role, you will join a fast-paced Human Resources team serving employees, managers, executives and HR colleagues for the Americas region. We are looking for a candidate who is looking to continue their career progression in Human Resources, enjoys helping employees find answers to their HR related questions, and has a strong interest in improving how HR delivers. A successful team member will be extremely detail oriented, flexible leading continuous process/system changes, possess a problem-solving mindset and enjoys creating order from ambiguity.
- Be part of the first line contact for questions from employees, manager, executives and HR colleagues regarding HR procedures, processes and policies, with global consistency and local applicability.
- Proactively maintain and administer accurate and timely HR data in the global HR System; input, update and reconcile data as required to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Provide support for a range of HR administrative processes supporting the employee lifecycle
- Actively build and develop of the HR knowledge base to help employees quickly and easily find answers their questions via self-service.
- Partner with other regional HR Shared Services teams to standardize, streamline and globalize HR business processes.
- Lead efforts to document, simplify and standardize HR business processes specific to the Americas region.
- Suggest and participate in development of HR Workday enhancements to enhance employee experience with the HR system.
- Proactively document new processes and or update missing steps process documents, as needed.
- Proactively update business processes and process documentation to ensure accuracy, relevance and consistency.
- Participate in ad hoc HR projects as directed by HR Shared Services leader
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Possess a strong customer service orientation while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentially with each interaction
- Familiarity and understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Experience with HR and case management systems
- Experience documenting business processes in a visual format (MS Visio preferred) as well as writing detailed business process documents for reference
- Experience leading business process improvement activities
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete assigned deliverables within the allocated timeline
- High School and Six Years\' Experience OR Associate Degree and Five Years\' Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Four Years\' Experience OR Masters\' Degree and Two Years\' Experience
- A minimum of two years of experience handling HR requests for Benefits, 401(k) and Leave Administration (LOA)
- Strong verbal, written interpersonal and telephone communication skills are required.
- Must possess strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- SPHR, PHR or similar certification a plus
- Experience with Workday and ServiceNow is highly desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/HR-Shared-Services-Specialist-II_R0020366-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency