Lodz University of Technology (TUL) is an institution with long history, supporting scientists and researchers, offering great facilities at the campus in the city center. In the recent ranking of universities, TUL ranked fourth among technical universities in Poland and classified highly in international rankings. We are cooperating with industry and work to commercialize the effect of research.
Foundation of Polish Science – the largest non-governmental organisation supporting science in Poland, under its project: International Research Agendas (IRAP), funded with European Regional Development Fund, seeks candidates for a position of Senior Principal Investigator in the area of polymer or biopolymer chemistry at Lodz University of Technology – International Centre for Research on Innovative Biobased Materials – led in Lodz by prof. Alexander Steinbüchel and prof. Piotr Paneth.
- The candidate will organize and lead a research group in the area of polymer and biopolymer chemistry. He/she should show accomplishments comparable to the ERC level.
- A scientist who is capable of conducting large-scale, long-term, group research.
- In principle, the selected scientist is required to commence his/her research by September 2021. (The commencement date may be adjusted).
Research areas: Polymer/ biopolymer chemistry with molecular biosystems synthesis experimentally, with the aid of computational sciences.
Requirements and Selection Criteria for the Position: Candidates should have at least a Ph.D. degree and 10 years of experience in polymer chemistry or polymer systems engineering, international recognition for research accomplishments (ideally comparable to the ERC level), and present effective leadership skills, together with a record as a mentor for young scientists.
- A researcher who is capable of conducting large-scale, long-term, group research in chemical sciences.
- A researcher skilled in applying for granted founding, and experienced in playing a major role in the project
- A researcher who can devote himself/herself to research and Centre operation.
- A researcher who has skills in mentoring the younger team members.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
- brief CV (up to 3 standard pages)
- up to 10 key research and/or implementation achievements (a single achievement is e.g. full text of a publication or a patent, etc.),
- list of key projects for which the applicant was granted funding or played a major role,
- list of key conference speeches or lectures delivered by the applicant (senior position: at the invitation of hosts, indicating the names of the host),
- description of the applicant’s experience in research-industry cooperation and successful implementations (up to 1 page),
- description of the applicant’s skills in guiding students’ research (up to 1 pages),
- description of the applicant’s research management experience (up to 2 page)
- description of unique features of the achievements obtained in the last ten years and their influence on the development of a given scientific field (up to 3 pages).
Application Submission: Short-listed candidates will be invited to the online interview.Interested candidates are requested to send the documents to:
prof. dr. Alexander Steinbüchel
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857533 and from the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.