Sr. Research Associate II, Biologics Analytical Operations
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Education, Experience & Required Skills:
- Proficiently executes laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and other commonly used techniques commonly used for biologics.
- Independently plans and executes assigned experiments that support non-routine development activities, GMP release testing and project goals.
- Assists the supervisor in critical data review and troubleshooting at external CTLs and CMOs.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: HPLC, CE, mass spec) and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding to project goals and methods.
- Participates cross-functional projects to ensure qualification and validation activities are completed timely.
- Must think critically and creatively, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Drafts and revises test methods, procedures, protocols and reports.
- MS degree with 3+ years' experience or BS degree with 5+ years' relevant industry experience.
- Understands the analytical life cycle concepts as applied to analytical development.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills are required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Sr-Research-Associate-II--Biologics-Analytical-Operations_R0018770-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency