A postdoctoral research position is available to investigate how p53 mutations may lead to oncogenesis including devising and optimizing strategies to specifically target cancers carrying gain-of-function (GOF) p53 mutant.
We seek talented applicants with a PhD, MD or MD/Phd in Cancer Biology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology or closely related fields with experience with DNA cloning, immunostaining, and viruses along with mouse breeding and mouse tumor studies.
Other Required Qualifications:
- The candidates should have excellent verbal and written scientific communication skills with experience in writing proposals and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
- Hands-on experience in cancer molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology and/or pharmacology.
- Ability to design and perform experiments, and to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation through electronic and notebook means.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work professionally and efficiently within the research group as a team player.
- Commitment to diversity.
The research involves studies on mechanism of gain of oncogenic function by mutant p53 (see “The oncogenicity of tumor-derived mutant p53 is enhanced by the recruitment of PLK3. Vaughan CA, Singh S, Subler MA, Windle JJ, Inoue K, Fry EA, Pillappa R, Grossman SR, Windle B, Andrew Yeudall W, Deb SP, Deb S. Nat Commun. 2021 12:20928-8 PMID: 33514736) as well as innovative targeting of GOF mutant p53 for therapeutic benefit. These positions provide excellent mentoring and training opportunities.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae along with the names and contact information of three references to: Dr. Sumitra Deb, Professor, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Massey Cancer Center, Goodwin Research Laboratory, 401 College Street, Richmond, Virginia 23298, Fax 804-827-1427, Email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; http://deblabs.org/.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly