Senior Research Associate
The candidate will ideally be an expert drug discovery, specifically in target identification and
validation, assay development, and mechanism of action/target deconvolution and have a
background in reproductive biology. This individual will provide scientific oversight for all projects to
ensure all milestones are met and scientific progress is moving forward appropriately. A PhD is
required. Previous research project management experience is also preferred.
• Provides complex scientific & technical leadership in determining research priorities & the plan, design & execution of research projects ensuring that programs of investigation meet specified objectives.
• Plans, develops & implements new processes & protocols to support research studies & maximize/extend study capabilities.
• Provides guidance on drug discovery, assay development, and target validation approaches.
• Oversees completion of study activities per protocol and ensures robust integration of work across projects.
• Ensures that study protocols are in compliance with appropriate rules & regulations & reviews study progress and recommends revisions, amendments, and/or other study changes as necessary to better meet needs of sponsors.
• Reviews scientific literature & evaluates & recommends applicable techniques & procedures.
• Analyzes, evaluates & interprets data to determine relevance to research.
• Assists PI in developing statistical methods & models to analyze & report data based upon study requirements.
• Prepares results & may co-author scientific papers for presentation & publication & disseminates information via seminars, lectures, etc.
• Creates data for use in grant submission & develop new proposals for research including obtaining financial support.
• Acts as liaison between sponsoring agencies, collaborating organizations &/or other research &/or educational institutions.
• Ensures that all study documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols are completed in a timely manner.
For more information about this job and to submit your application, visit: https://careers.northwestern.edu/ and search job ID 41102.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.