UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Associate Professor & Director of the « Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en neuroplasticité et neuroréhabilitation » (CRINN) within the future University Service of Neurorehabilitation (SUN)
Starting date: to be agreed
The newly created CRINN conducts cutting-edge translational research in neurorehabilitation, combining advances in basic neuroscience and neuropsychology with new approaches in neurotechnology and neuroprosthetics, including robotics, brain-machine interfaces, brain stimulation and virtual reality. Thanks to the integration with the neurorehabilitation units of the CHUV and the Lavigny Hospital, as well as with the future University Service of Neurorehabilitation (SUN) currently being created and to which this position will be attached, these advances will be translated into clinical practice.
This appointment will further enhance research, services and education in the rehabilitation of cognitive deficits and sensorimotor impairments, which occur in the aftermath of acquired brain injury.
- Provide scientific leadership and to deliver top quality research outputs contributing to innovation in neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience and neurorehabilitation
- Deliver cutting-edge teaching
- Provide expert advice and other services to neurorehabilitation providers at the canton Vaud
- Lead the management of the Center
Qualifications and requirements:
- PhD or equivalent research experience in public health
- Track record in providing academic leadership in research both by own work and through the stimulation of colleagues working in similar fields
- Track record of effective team working and collaborative development, including international links and evidence of effective management
- Experience in the management of multidisciplinary projects at the intersection between neuroscience, neurotechnology and rehabilitation
- Excellent research track record in the field of neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience and neurorehabilitation
- Significant number of publications in high-ranking journals
- Ability to attract competitive research grants, including from the Swiss National Science Foundation or equivalent institutions
- Previous experience of collaboration with and neurotechnology companies is a plus
- Willingness to take on a significant role in the CHUV and the FBM
- Proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) or ability to acquire it quickly
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Philippe Ryvlin (email@example.com), Head of the Clinical Neuroscience Department.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by August 29th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite