- Designs and develops projects and conducts reviews and research on issues related to the biological effects from tobacco products.
- Utilizes findings of scientific studies and investigations which modified processes to resolve problems that affect the program area.
- Serves as a Technical advisor as it relates to tobacco exposure.
Conditions of Employment
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
The position of Biologist falls under the 0401 occupational series. To qualify for this position at grade GS-13, you must meet the following:
Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
NOTE: Applicants must submit all relevant transcripts that demonstrate you possess the required education to meet the Basic Qualifications.
Specialized Experience. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
GS-13: Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service or public which includes: designing and conducting research on biological effects from tobacco products and other regulated products, developing laboratory protocols for biological test to ensure mission objectives are met, and manage the day-to-day operation of research projects.