Senior Business Continuity Analyst I
Senior Business Continuity Analyst I
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
This position is within the Risk Governance & Audit group. The Sr. Business Continuity Analyst I reports to the Director of Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program Office. This person is responsible for the execution of the business continuity tactical and operational roadmaps, as well as managing and coordinating the development, maintenance and testing of existing business continuity plans worldwide.
Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, proactive mindset, and strong written and verbal communication skills are key success factors for this position.
The Sr. Business Continuity Analyst I is responsible for managing and coordinating the development of Business Continuity Program for Gilead sites worldwide, collaborating closely with IT Disaster Recovery and Corporate Security teams.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Program documentation, including but not limited to policies, standards, governance model, program procedures, and tools and templates
- Coordinate with site / business functions to perform Business Continuity Program activities such as Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to identify and document recovery requirements for critical business functions / processes
- Coordinate with site / business function to ensure that recovery strategies, as well as Business Continuity (BC) and Crisis Management (CM) plans are developed and tested
- Support BC and CM Plan testing and exercising process, procedures, and testing materials
- Monitor and gather data to show achievement of key Business Continuity Program performance indicators (KPI)
- Track and monitor Risk Mitigation Initiatives (RMIs) and work with business functions towards resolution
- Document evidence of compliance to ensure the BC Program is audit ready
- Contribute to business continuity related projects as assigned
- In the event of an incident support the coordination and communication of business recovery activities and status communications
- Support BCM's end-user training
Experience and Education (Required)
- Bachelor of Science degree (or international equivalent) in Risk Management, Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent
- Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
- Ability to travel (5%)
- High literacy of Office 365 suite of applications
Experience and Education (Preferred)
- Knowledge of business impact assessments, risk management, business process recovery planning, crisis management and disaster recovery planning processes
- Experience with applications built on the Salesforce platform
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience
- Industry certifications (e.g. MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC, etc.)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Risk-Management-Analyst-I---Business-Continuity-Management_R0020428
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency