Capability Manager, Research- R&D IT
Capability Manager, Research- R&D IT
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead is looking for a Capability Manager to join R&D IT organization. The Capability Manager will work closely with Gilead Research organization supporting one primary capability area and play a critical role in managing innovative technology solutions. The R&D IT team partners with Research teams globally to provide and facilitate technology solutions to accelerate and grow Gilead's pipeline of biopharmaceuticals.
Duties and Job Functions
- Actively engage with Research partners, IT, and vendor stakeholders and identify existing and new technology solutions tailored to Research capability and needs
- Experience managing direct and managed services resources
- Use oral and written communication skills to summarize, present business cases, and influence stakeholders
- Align on enterprise IT methodology, technologies and initiatives through frequent communications and change management
- Partner with R&D IT Domain architecture and Program Management teams in managing technology standards and programs
- Provide support for security initiatives with a balance for agility and velocity
- Provide Research capability oversight across the different functions in IT organization such as world wide infrastructure and information security
- Provide management oversight to IT delivery and support teams
High School Degree and Twelve Year's Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience OR Ph.D.
- Experienced in domain areas of Biologics and associated lab workflows, OMICS data management, AWS cloud technologies, security and validation
- Strong analytical skills. Minimum of 3-4 years' experience managing projects, and initiatives
- Pharmaceutical Research related experience highly desirable
- Strong business acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills; ability to gain consensus and act within a matrix team environment; Ability to work in a collaborative and influencing fashion that drives to action
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Capability-Manager--Research--R-D-IT_R0020515
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency