Digital and Customer Experience DevOps Lead
Digital and Customer Experience DevOps Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs
in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people.
The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening
diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries
worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are
a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills
through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and
empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to
discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of
the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology,
Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will
also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
The Omnichannel and Digital Customer Experience DevOps Lead acts as a technical lead for the Global Commercial IT teams and will report to the Global Digital and Customer Experience Capability Head. There is a duality of responsibility in order to lead and manage both development and operations related activity for the global capability.
This role will support and liaise with a broad business teams including Commercial Operations, Marketing Operations and Product Teams with other cross functional groups as needed. The role will also engage across IT teams who manage/support systems within the Capability ecosystem, i.e., integration touchpoints. The role will infuse forward looking, creative and innovative solutions, as a technical partner to the business and one that brings ideas to the table, rather than just reacts to them. In addition, this role will be involved from the ideation of IT solutions for business needs through to successful execution of these initiatives. A problem-solving mindset that can proactively support business needs that arise with viable and feasible solutions/options.
Projects can be varied from introduction of new capabilities on new SaaS based solutions (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IQVIA Orchestrated Analytics), Business Enhancements grouped into sustainment releases, Security assessment of third-party SaaS solutions, and implementation of new technologies to enhance business effectiveness. Critical to the role will be championing projects within IT and prioritizing across initiatives
The role needs someone who is familiar with software lifecycle processes and systems management both from a development and operations perspective.
The successful candidate will support business initiatives from requirements to execution to operational support post go live. Scope will be across IT Projects, Sustainment and Operations.
- Responsible for managing a cross functional team for the development, deployment, and operations of new technology platforms and solutions. Collaborates with Capability Managers and Domain Architect in the proposal of new technologies or features to enable business capabilities with agility, velocity and quality while optimizing costs.
- Oversees technical design and implementation of solutions, ensures development execution according to plan.
- Oversees the operational support, including maintenance, SaaS Patch releases, production issue resolution, performance measurements against KPIs.
- Continuous Development/Continuous Improvement mindset and ability to determine appropriate delivery approach based on the type of initiative/project - Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid. Understanding of how to deliver both in a GxP and Non GxP environment.
- Manages the end-to-end development and operations engagement with solution vendors and managed services. Focuses on building out a strong vendor partnership and responsible for monitoring and reviewing their performance. Define and track metrics and scorecards to measure value.
- Serve as focal point for the respective business area for all IT needs, priorities and translate them into the IT regional roadmap for prioritization and solution proposals using agreed, appropriate IT systems and processes.
Core Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Authority:
Advise IT and business leadership on capability enablement opportunities. Plan activities, manage IT budgets and ensure related portfolios are strategically and operationally aligned with the business needs as well as the IT functional strategies
- Partner with the business to turn their strategy where required for IT capability into IT projects that will deliver the outcomes to support the business strategy.
- Ensure availability of appropriate project plans for implementation addressing organizational, technical, process, change management and training perspectives when introducing new applications or sustainment of existing applications.
- Ensure appropriate selection of solutions and third parties required to support changes identified
- Leverage existing solutions from the IT toolset and support the business to maximize the benefits delivered from project investment
- Partner with product vendors to understand solutions and capabilities to support business needs - leveraging investments made and extending existing solution wherever possible.
- Ensure that initiatives generated by business functions are in line with the Gilead IT regional/global approach and utilize appropriate tools where these already exist within the IT toolset. Global to local mindset to bring about standardization where possible.
- Negotiation and mediation between business and IT to find pragmatic solutions will be an important component of the job.
Projects are managed and monitored to assure benefits are met and potential bottlenecks or failures are identified and solved in due time.
- Oversee project execution working with project team and with the IT Project Manager designated to the project.
- Ensure resources, either internal from IT Department or external are secured to meet business demands. Resource and capacity planning for project to align with baselined plans and schedules.
- Deploy solutions that meet business requirements in accordance with agreed plans, timelines and budgets.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, escalating problems if required (within the business or within IT as appropriate).
- Contribute to the global/regional planning of IT projects and manage the IT portfolio
- Evaluate feasibility of potential projects in coordination with the associated regional / global IT Departments.
- Collaborate with the business lead to develop business cases for projects. Review estimates and vendor contracts.
- Analyze IT requirements for input to the budgeting process.
- Ensure the impact of IT initiatives from other areas are assessed, aligned and communicated, and requirements are incorporated into plans as needed.
Manage Robust Dev/Ops Model
- Leads and develops Digital and Customer Experience support or Release planning over entire lifecycle with adherence to either Agile, Waterfall or Hybrid delivery.
- Lead for Digital and Customer Experience Operations for Sustain Release Planning with management of the core delivery team and provides oversight from requirements into product development stages/phases into support and operations.
- Manages Development / Operations team in order to provide L2/L3 support on production systems. Will be a point of escalation for the business
- Responsible for the overall establishment and success of the Managed Service provider (MSP) related to Digital and Customer Experience ecosystem (scope largely around customer engagement content, channels, campaign planning, execution and measurement).
- Collaborates with the Field Force Effectiveness tower and capability team, to align / coordinate Dev/Ops teams to design, develop, and launch capabilities as needed.
- Leads the MSP through the Gilead SDLC, Release, Change Management and New Service Introduction processes.
- Manages and monitor performance of the MSP business metrics (e.g., SLA's, release management, value delivery; delivers recovery or action plans for exception issues.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding.
- Undertake personal development activities to ensure that the core tasks and responsibilities of this role continue to be met as the role evolves in line with business change.
- High School Degree and Twelve Year\'s Experience OR Associates Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Eight Years' Experience OR Masters\' Degree and Six Years' Experience OR Ph.D.
- 10 years of IT experience (technology requirement gathering, process, standards, solutions, services, applications).
- Preferred business experience and understanding of core marketing, marketing operations, digital and customer experience processes.
- Experience managing Managed Service Providers/Vendors
- Experience with Commercial Omnichannel Ecosystem, examples: (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Veeva Vault for Multichannel, Okta, OneTrust, IQVIA Orchestrated Analytics etc.)
- Preferred experience with integration tools such as Informatica, and an appreciation of integration and solution architecture. Working with APIs and ability to lead teams in developing robust technical architecture that will underpin solutions.
- Comfort and experience working with a senior leadership team representing multiple functional areas and interests and being able to prioritize across numerous important initiatives.
- Some experience of strategic planning (Roadmaps) and of aligning IT strategies with business goals
- Experience of working through different stages of the systems development life cycle and SLDC methodologies -Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid
- Experience of DevOps principles and a CD/CI methodology
- Experience working effectively across a matrixed organization and successfully executing and achieving results without direct authority.
- Experience providing and driving cross-functional and cross-geographical IT solutions to business needs and opportunities.
- Comfort working directly with both business partners and IT department / solution providers.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Omnichannel-and-Digital-Customer-Experience-DevOps-Lead--Commercial_R0020516
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency