Sr Research Associate II, Process Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Sr. Research Associate II - Process Chemistry - Foster City, CA
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes medications to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases in areas of unmet medical need. Over the
last 25 years, Gilead has become a leading biopharmaceutical company with an extensive portfolio of marketed products, a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 11,000 employees in offices across four continents. The company continues to explore new ground in HIV and viral hepatitis while expanding its research in other areas including oncology, inflammatory diseases, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and neglected/emerging viral diseases.
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This individual will assist, primarily from lab-based, process chemistry activities for pharmaceutical APIs. These activities will include scale-down model development and qualification, process optimization, robustness studies, formal process characterization and risk assessments, and process validation. In addition, this individual will support process technology transfer activities, due diligence, and facility fit assessment for internal and external manufacturing facilities. The person will play an integral role as a process chemistry representative for global CMC project teams.Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacturing of drug substances.
- Familiar with Pilot Plant operations and able to write master batch records and safety summaries with limited supervision.
- Independently plans and executes assigned experiments which supports Process Development activities and project goals.
- Executes reactions and makes key observations during reaction, work-up, and isolation.
- Pays particular attention to avoiding reactions and processes that do not scale well, such as distilling to dryness and flash chromatography.
- Gains a better understanding of how impurities are formed, tracked, and purged throughout the subsequent processing.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop strategy and tactics.
- Always works with safety in mind.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve experimental results.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: UPLC, HPLC, NMR, mass spec) and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Works with collaborative communication and problem-solving spirit.
- BS degree in Chemistry and 5+ years of industry experience (Medicinal/Process Chemistry preferred).
- MS in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry preferred) and 3+ years of industry experience (Medicinal/Process Chemistry preferred).
*** Please Provide Research Summary with Application***
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-II--Process-Development_R0020359-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency