Research Scientist, Non-Clinical Safety & Pathobiology
Research Scientist, Non-Clinical Safety & Pathobiology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support drug discovery and development within Research. The successful candidate will be part of the Pathobiology group within the Non-Clinical Safety and Pathobiology Division which provides laboratory support throughout Gilead Sciences.
He/she will work closely with internal Gilead research groups as well as external collaborators to identify and validate novel drug targets in the areas of oncology, fibrosis, virology, and inflammation. You will be responsible for development of tissue-based assays. You will have a background in biology or a related discipline and laboratory experience in human and animal tissue preparation, histological staining (IHC/ IF/ ISH), and image scanning. Experience with multiplex IHC assays is a plus.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, exhibit excellent organizational and communication skills, demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight timelines, thrive with a high degree of responsibility, and a proficient team-player.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Design, plan, conduct and coordinate experiments in support of various research projects.
- Optimize, validate, and execute IHC assays (brightfield / fluorescence).
- Day-to-day use of computers and laboratory or technical equipment to perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and technical evaluation of research experiments and results.
- Clinical research and experimentation while adhering to strict quality control standards
- Work closely with other scientists and researchers to develop new scientific methods and processes, collecting and summarizing data, executing experiments, writing detailed reports, creating and maintaining computerized spreadsheets and documentation.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Contribute efforts to the tissue tracking system by cataloging human and animal FFPE blocks.
- Scanning and organizing images using relevant imaging platforms (Leica, Zeiss, Perkin Elmer)
- Maintaining required documentation of all procedures and laboratory equipment; identify problems or deviations from Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals, present research findings, and recommendation to senior staff.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- PhD with 0-2 years of relevant industry experience (IHC assay development). Bachelor with minimum of 8 years or Master's degree 6 years of experience. Experience with multiple automated IHC platforms is desirable.
- Applicants must have working knowledge of IHC, CISH, and other histology related assays
- The successful candidate needs to be able to manage more than one project at any given time, work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and communicate clearly to a variety of audiences (written and oral) in a high paced environment.
- Applicants should be able to troubleshoot independently and show curiosity-driven engagement in scientific problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Prism is required. Additional experience in image analysis software (Visiopharm, Halo, or similar) is a plus, but not necessary.
- Highly organized, excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist_R0020487-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency