Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Clinical Development
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Clinical Development
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting and impactful opportunity available for an experienced Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at Gilead supporting business groups within the Clinical Development organization. In this key role, you will report to the Associate Director, Talent Acquisition (Clinical Development) and will partner to create targeted recruitment strategies as we build our Oncology talent pipeline. You'll lead a team of Recruiting professionals (mix of FTE and RPO) and be responsible for full life cycle recruiting on multiple requisitions. The selected individual will need to be fast on their feet, resourceful and confident while acting as a subject matter expert and consultant to business leaders regarding recruiting and hiring best practices.
The Senior Manager will partner across every level of the organization and play an integral part in maximizing a robust talent acquisition tool set, while working toward a goal of hiring the very best.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various hiring goals across all levels within assigned business groups
- Lead, coach and develop a team of R&D recruiters in delivering hiring objectives for assigned business
- Partner with Hiring Managers to develop and operationalize targeted recruitment strategies to fulfill hiring objectives
- Develop strong relationships and be a true partner and advisor to hiring managers, business leaders and cross-functional partners
- Identify and use various unique sourcing techniques, skills and experience to discover, identify and attract the best talent
- Screen and select candidates effectively by assessing both the technical or business skills as well as culture fit against Gilead's Leadership Commitments & Core Values
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, salary recommendations and closing of candidates
- Establish ongoing relationships with Hiring Managers and HRBPs in order to understand their short- and long-term business and recruitment needs
- Create and drive diverse talent pipeline programs in partnership with the Inclusion & Diversity Lead
- Work across the HR landscape partnering with Total Rewards, Talent Management, Learning & Development and Inclusion & Diversity to support hiring needs
- Responsible for identifying and managing external search firms when vendor services are needed
- Develop team's ability to participate in recruitment functions including job fairs, conferences and career events, targeting unique applicant populations
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years with in-house full-life cycle recruiting experience within pharma/biotech industry
- R&D recruiting experience highly preferred
- Prior experience leading and developing a team is highly preferred
- Experience creating successful unique, tailored recruiting strategies for R&D business groups
- Proven effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly across all levels of the organization
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities all while maintaining a consistent process and high level of organization
- Creative team player with demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high-level of accountability, follow-up and ability to work independently with general direction
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Initiator of ideas, best practices and strategies
- Working Knowledge of employment law (OFCCP) and general human resources practices
High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ATS/HRIS. Previous Workday experience highly preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Senior-Manager--Talent-Acquisition---Clinical-Development_R0020409-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency