Associate Director, National Sales (HCV)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.The Role
The Associate Director, National Sales will provide leadership for Therapeutic Specialists to exceed sales demand goals for Gilead and is also responsible for developing core competencies of the sales team. This role is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical direction for the region while maintaining a positive and motivational work environment. Reporting to the Sr. Business Unit Director (Liver Disease and Covid 19), you will be accountable for driving demand of Gilead's Hepatitis portfolio, while working collaboratively across various stakeholders, to inspire others and develop trusted partnerships.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Manages a high-performing National Hepatitis C team; will establish and meet future developmental needs of the HCV sales team.
- Works with the team to create learning plans and recommends training and development solutions and provides mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
- Understands and provides guidance on relevant human resource management issues (e.g. performance management, salary and compensation planning, incentives and reward, recruiting and hiring procedures, disability provisions etc). Identifies those capable of advancing to more responsible positions and takes appropriate action to support this.
- Clearly defines roles, responsibilities and measurable outcomes for all activities of team.
- Accountable for the HCV franchise selling effort for all of Canada.
- Responsible for achieving all geographic product revenue and expense targets.
- Develops and initiates strategies that create new business and builds HCV key accounts. Establishes superior working relationships with key opinion leaders locally and nationally, which can influence prescribing policy/protocol position.
- Provides recommendations on customer strategies, coordinates the development of territory business plans. Coordinates market sales analysis data interpretation for region. Coordinates business planning with input and liaison with other relevant managers and functional departments, as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the HCV Cross Functional Team to contribute to the development and implementation of the HCV Plan of Action.
- Ensures monitoring systems are in place and being managed effectively in order to evaluate sales force effectiveness e.g. Company CRM databases.
- Utilizes high level of business acumen in analyzing and coordinating activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices.
The Gilead Difference
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, preferably in life sciences or business administration.
- 8+ years of proven commercial experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry (preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals) - including at least 5 years of pharmaceutical sales management experience.
- Strongly preferred experiences include Sales of Specialty Products (ideally in infectious disease or hepatology), and key opinion leader development experience
- Experience managing a large National high-performing & seasoned sales team within a competitive & complex market
- Ability to embrace Gilead's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- High familiarity with industry trends and competitor resources and practices.
- Ability to strategically plan in order to add most value by focusing team efforts effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and Therapeutic Specialists.
- Must be able to travel extensively as dictated by business need.
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Associate-Director--National-Sales--HCV-_R0020335-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency