Manager Finance - Cost Accounting
Manager Finance - Cost Accounting
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Gilead Sciences is seeking a Manager, Finance - Cost Accounting to join the PDM FP&A team. The Manager will be a key business partner to the Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) organization; specifically, they will be responsible for cost accounting at the Morris Plains manufacturing facility, support inventory accounting processes, governance and reporting globally. The position is also responsible for ensuring the adherence and implementation of SOX controls and processes. This position reports to the Associate Director Finance in Morris Plains. They will be a key partner with the wider COE organization to support global costing activities.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Performs cost accounting function, including standard cost maintenance, work order and variance analysis, preparation of reports and data detailing financial results.
- Establishes and maintains operating procedures within the context of existing internal controls and company policies.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the month-end close and accounting transactions. Maintains, reconciles and resolves P&L and balance sheet ledger accounts.
- Responsible for preparing analysis and schedules for local management as well as internal and external auditors.
- Frequently interacts with peers, outside customers, external auditors and functional group members.
- Coordinates schedules, activities and reports with other departments.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations or providing technical information concerning specific projects.
- Partner with the site teams to provide direction, policy guidance and issue resolution to as needed to support business in understanding inventory and costing related matters.
- Drive continual improvements to processes, systems, financial tools and documentation
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a cost accounting and planning and analysis role, 5+ years of relevant experience with an MBA
- A BA or BS degree is required.
- CPA / CMA qualification is a plus.
- MBA degree is preferred
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Previous manufacturing finance and cost accounting experience in a larger multi-country organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required..
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal (team player/ability to work cross functionally) skills required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with financial software Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, and proficiency in spreadsheet/workbook and database structures are required.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Manager-Finance---Cost-Accounting_R0020358
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency