Research Scientist, Analytical Operations
Research Scientist, Analytical Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Manages method development, validation and transfer, release testing, and stability testing from early to late stage development and commercial products for manufactured Gilead products (drug substance and drug product)
- Manages multiple projects, works closely with internal customers, CMOs and external vendors/contractors to ensure analytical deliverables are met per the project timelines
- Participates in or leads cross-functional project teams.
- Provides the highest quality analytical support, meets aggressive timelines while ensuring compliance to SOPs, protocols, cGMPs and safety regulations
- Supports local and global regulatory filings regarding analytical method validation and method transfer
- Coordinates activities for members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation.
- Plans, designs and implements laboratory experimentation for method validation and method transfer.
- Works on a wide range of problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Oversees review of data from contract laboratories. Leads on-site data-based review of contract partners at specified frequency and verify data integrity and technical appropriateness. Serves as a key member of the Gilead team in the contract lab qualification and requalification process
- Serves as a resource to management on the operational strategy of the research function and provides long term resource planning for equipment, laboratory space and staffing levels.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the research support of marketed drugs.
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to products and problems.
- Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize substances, assays and tools.
- Working under general supervision, plans, designs, implements and analyzes laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings.
Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical or physical chemistry, materials science, or engineering and 0+ years of experience, OR an MS degree with 6+, OR a BS degree with 8+ years of experience. Post Doc & industry experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills (both verbal and technical) are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency and responsibility
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated expertise in parenteral and inhalation product development, and/or dissolution method development.
- Has a strong grasp of the underlying science but able to take on additional operational responsibilities because of talent and indicated interest
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Analytical-Operations_R0020294-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency