Development Business Operations Sr. Associate, Vendor Outsourcing
Development Business Operations Sr. Associate, Vendor Outsourcing
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Development Business Operations Sr. Associate, Vendor Outsourcing leads clinical outsourcing of global Phase I-IV clinical trials in support of ancillary vendors, which may include translations, licensing, eCOA and others and may be appointed as a subject -matter expert within these functional areas. This person may also assist with other ad hoc projects in the Development Business Operations group (i.e., IT Security Assessments, MSA amendments, etc.)
The Sr. Associate will lead the entire life cycle of vendor selection, including RFI, RFP, vendor selection decision, contracting, monitoring performance, managing the change order process, and ensuring proper closeout of agreements.
The Sr. Associate will also work with internal customers in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis) and may assist with vendor presentation preparation during the vendor bid defense meetings. With support of internal stakeholders, including the legal department, can manage and complete negotiation of complex and non-standard agreements, including global Master Agreements, Service-level Agreements, University Agreements, Work Orders, Change Orders, and Research Collaborations.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations.
- Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions.
- May focus on either contracts, or finance or both areas based on business need.
- Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with only general instructions from more senior individuals in department.
- Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts.
- Has frequent contact with external customers in regards to payment issues.
- Supports Quarterly Variance Analysis process for vendor contracts.
- Coordinates the preparation, negotiation, execution, and tracking of domestic and/or international site agreements, including study specific budget templates, contracts and other documents with specific guidance from manager.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites.
- Responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
- Assists clinical teams in evaluating the progress of vendor contracts as the clinical program progresses.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Performs routine work without detailed instructions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools.
- Interacts well with clinical teams, legal, and corporate finance.
- Performs routine work under moderate supervision and complex tasks under general supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience with a BA or BS in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience typically includes contract administration or finance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Development-Business-Operations-Sr-Associate--Vendor-Outsourcing_R0020055
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency