Director, Clinical Development (MD) Oncology
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Director, Clinical Development (MD)Summary:
Works closely with therapeutic and disease area leaders to set the clinical development strategy for assigned molecules/projects. Typically acts as the Clinical Development Lead on projects for assigned disease areas. Typically owns the Clinical Development Plan and Target Product Profile for assigned products. Typically leads the cross-functional Global Development Team for assigned molecules. MDs at this level act as the physician responsible for assigned studies.Credentials:
Board certified MD preferred with focus in Oncology/HematologyExperience Expected:
Functional Knowledge, Business Acumen and Problem Solving:
- A minimum of 4 - 8 years' Oncology clinical research, development or related experience, preferably gained in the biopharma industry, and dependent upon PharmD/PhD or MD qualifications.
- Significant experience working on, with and leading cross-functional project/program teams in life sciences
- Significant experience taking the lead on study concept and protocol design, regulatory filings, clinical publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated excellence in complex project management and effectively managing multiple clinical project deliverables and priorities through matrix management and leadership.
- Has an expert-level of knowledge of the assigned disease area, as evidenced by ability to independently lead clinical development for highly complex molecules.
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development and execution of clinical trials.
- Routinely resolves cross-functional problems.
- Resolves unique challenges and solutions may serve as precedent for other teams or functions.
- Coaches experienced team members in resolving problems
- Typically leads all components of projects for assigned products and/or indications.
Scope and Strategic Influence:
- Typically reports to Senior Director or above.
- May manage one or more direct reports.( this will be in future state, not current)
- Provides matrix management and leadership to multiple or larger-scale project teams.
- Independently develops and recommends the resource plans required to complete own deliverables.
- Typically acts as Clinical Development Lead on highly complex projects that enable multiple functions, teams and drug development programs across one or more molecules to achieve drug development objectives within targeted timelines and allocated resources.
- Routinely represents Clinical Development to leadership teams and/or steering committees and advises on short- and long-range clinical development strategies, key decision-points, trade-offs and risks.
Collaboration and Partnerships:
- Leads highly complex and high-profile projects that enable major Development initiatives to proceed. Errors made at this level may cause failure to achieve major Development objectives for one or more products or indications.
- Represents the assigned molecule as needed in health authority interactions.
- Develops thought leader and other external relationships that can guide short- and long-range clinical development strategies and direction for assigned molecules.
- Partners with functional leaders to ensure the right strategy, investment and direction to achieve desired outcomes.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Sr-Director--Clinical-Research--MD--Oncology_R0020216-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency