Manager Finance - FP&A - La Verne
Manager Finance - FP&A - La Verne
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
La Verne Finance team is seeking a well-rounded and experienced FP&A Manager, to support the La Verne manufacturing site. As the face of Finance to the local business, they will partner with functional directors within the Manufacturing organization, performing financial planning and analysis and acting as SME on financial systems and processes. In addition to planning and analysis responsibilities, this role will participate in the monthly and quarterly accounting and reporting cycles.
The FP&A Manager will work closely with the local business functions and site cost accounting, and will also interact regularly with Finance groups not onsite, including Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) FP&A and Corporate FP&A, Financial Shared Services, Technical Accounting, External Reporting, SOX, and Corporate Tax. This role may have touch points with our SAP implementation project. This role will be a key partner to the La Verne business providing guidance on strategic, operational, and financial issues. This position reports to the La Verne Finance Sr. Manager. Success in this role will require the ability to cultivate an effective business partnership between the business functions and Finance. The FP&A Manager will be viewed as a go to person for business financial analysis and insight.
- Works with cross-functional business partners in meetings where key decisions impacting business operations are made.
- Proactively manages the budgeting and planning process for La Verne manufacturing operations including headcount and capital planning, departmental operating costs, overhead allocations, and implementing appropriate review processes.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly functional headcount, expense and capital reporting, including manufacturing variance reporting
- Coordinate with corporate accounting and FP&A functions on all financial matters as they pertain to the manufacturing site.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting, planning processes and systems
- Conducts advanced analyses for middle and upper management and makes recommendations on reporting changes, entries and adjustments, and/or forecasts
- Collaborates with cost accounting in development, review and approval of annual material, labor and overhead standards.
- Actively participates in the planning and consolidation activities for all Manufacturing operations worldwide.
- Support SAP implementation activities and ad hoc projects
- Demonstrated technical, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required. We are seeking a strong team player with a highly collaborative style that works with all levels of leadership.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are a must.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Strong communication skills, ability to present financial information in a meaningful understandable way
Capabilities and Requirements:
- BS or BA is required, and a CPA or other certification is strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience and an accounting designation, 5+ with an MBA.
- Experience within a manufacturing organization is preferred.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus
- In-depth proficiency in accounting and finance with strong knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced MS Excel (e.g., Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, data merges, filters, and if statements) and MS Word experience
- Experience with Oracle EBS and/or SAP a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Manager-Finance---FP-A---La-Verne_R0020433-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency