Sr. Microbiology Scientist
Senior Microbiology Scientist
Oil-Dri Corporation of America
Oil-Dri is looking for a Senior Microbiology Scientist to join our team! Key functions of this role will include performing microbiological tests and scientific research in support of new products and applications.
Work spans scientific ideation, experimental design and implementation to prototype assessment. He/She is expected to actively develop novel technical platform to support the new products/services development; as well as, seek new partnerships for both technologies and analytical support. This individual is expected to recognize key issues and develop the approach and design of research projects with some input and relatively little supervision. The impact of this position to the overall R&D program is high. The candidate is expected to work in a cross-functional team environment with a diversity of people and products. Additionally, the creation and maintenance of quality management systems in the microbiology laboratory is expected.
The successful candidate will help develop new products and applications for Animal Health markets and in fields related to the Life Sciences. This position will be part of a dynamic and creative Life Sciences team engaged in developing natural disease management solutions for promoting gut health in livestock animals and humans.
Required Education & Experience:
• Minimum of M.S. degree (or Ph.D. preferable) in microbiology, molecular/cellular biology, virology or related biological science field with 5-7 years (M.S.) or 3-5 years (Ph.D.) related experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years full-time Microbiology Laboratory research experience in academic and/or industrial settings.
• Experience in microbial isolation, cultivation, characterization and identification, microbiome analysis, ELISA/multiplex assays and molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction and amplification, mRNA expression analysis is required.
• Working knowledge of scientific method, experimental design, data analysis, and results interpretation. Understanding of the theory of measurement, sources of error, and comparative advantages of different methodologies.
• History of publication in peer-reviewed journals
• Experience in microbial diagnostic assay development, recombinant protein cloning, expression, purification or characterization, and/or identification/quantification of (bio)organic species by using mass spectrometry-based methodology would be a strong plus.
• Experience with virology research, metagenomics, and/or antibacterial resistance development research is desired.
• Proficiency in using statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, JMP).
• Working knowledge of stage-gate project management for new product development.
• High level of creativity and innovativeness.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to work within a team environment as well as thrive in a role as an individual contributor.
• Recognized as an internal expert, exhibiting a superior knowledge of research and development principles and techniques in his/her field(s).
• Proven successful and effective relationships with peers and support groups.
• Well-developed interpersonal abilities, with likely proven supervisory or technical leadership.
• Excellent organization, communication (both written and oral), and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects of varying complexity.
• Proven ability to build, develop and manage cross-functional research.
• Computer literate (Outlook / Word / Excel).
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) jobs in Chicago
- Cell Biology Full Time Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) jobs in Chicago
- Microbiology Full Time Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) jobs in Chicago
- Molecular Biology Full Time Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) jobs in Chicago
- Virology Full Time Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) jobs in Chicago