With 18,500 students and 3,700 staff members, Technische Universität Braunschweig is the largest Institute of Technology in Northern Germany. It stands for a strategic and achievement-oriented way of thinking and acting, relevant research, exceptional teaching and the successful transfer of knowledge and technologies to industry and society. We consistently advocate family friendliness and equal opportunities.
We focus our research on mobility, infections and therapeutics, metrology, and future city. Our core disciplines include a comprehensive engineering branch and a strong natural sciences branch, closely linked with business sciences, social sciences, humanities and educational sciences.
Our campus is located at the heart of one of Europe’s most active research regions. We cooperate closely and successfully with more than 20 research institutions right on our doorstep and maintain strong relationships with our partner universities all over the world.
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Physics
Institute of Condensed Matter Physics
We Offer a Junior Professorship for
"Experimental Physics, Quantum Materials"
Salary-Gr. W 1 TT W2
The earliest appointment is possible from 01 December 2021.
The advertised position is a junior professorship funded by the Tenure Track Programme of the German Federal Government and the Federal States (”WISNA”) and is therefore subject to the funding conditions of the programme. Applicants* can only be appointed within the four-year period following the defence of their doctorate at the TU Braunschweig.
The Junior professor should represent physics in its entire breadth in teaching and the field of solid state physics in research. Possible research focuses could be in the following areas:
- Analysis of 2D materials
- Special quantization effects
- Topological states
- Coupling phenomena on surfaces and boundary surfaces.
- Active participation in the excellence cluster "QuantumFrontiers"
- Collaboration in the new research centre "Laboratory of Emerging Nanometrology" (LENA)". LENA, a cooperation project with the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, offers excellent experimental possibilities for the production and characterisation of nanostructures.
- Research to strengthen the research focus "Metrology" at the TU Braunschweig
- Participation in the design of cooperation projects
- Very good command of the English language and willingness to teach in English
- Willingness to participate in the self-administration of the university
- Willingness to participate in the internationalisation of the university and research
- Experience with and willingness to raise third-party funds
Requirements, § 30 NHG
- Completed university studies
- Pedagogical suitability
- Special qualification for deepened independent scientific work, which is usually demonstrated by an above-average doctorate and
The employment is initially for a period of three years in a temporary civil servant relationship, provided that the general service law requirements are fulfilled. In the event of a successful interim evaluation in accordance with § 30 Para. 4 S. 2 NHG, the professorship will be extended by a further three years. After positive outcome of the procedure regulated in the tenure track regulations of the TU Braunschweig, an appointment to a permanent professorship in grade W2 NBesO will be made without further advertisement.
At TU Braunschweig, we aim to increase the share of women in academic positions and therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Where candidates have equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates. Applications from international scientists are welcome. Where candidates have the same qualifications, preference will be given to disabled candidates.
Applications from international scientists are welcome.
We are looking forward to your application!
Applicants are requested to attach the usual documents:
- Cover letter
- Academic background (curriculum vitae)
- Academic certificates and diplomas (degrees)
- List of publications incl. copies of 3 selected publications
- List of third-party funds
- List of courses, including results of course evaluation
- Research and teaching concept.
Deadline for application
The application deadline is 2021-08-31
Questions about the professorship will be answered by
Prof. Dr. Uta Schlickum,
T + 49 531 391 8503
If you have any questions regarding personnel law matters, please contact
T + 49 531 391 14143