Job Description: A postdoctoral research position in cancer and molecular biology is available in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine (LSU-SVM).
- The research projects will be primarily focused on the molecular biology of hepatocellular carcinoma, hepatobiliary neuroendocrine neoplasia, and cellular and molecular pathology. The project involves both in vitro and in vivo studies, and data analysis. This position will involve cell culture maintenance and molecular techniques. Molecular techniques include but are not limited to DNA/ RNA/ protein extraction, PCR, qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, immunohistochemistry/ immunofluorescent antibody staining and acquisition of microscopy images: 75%
- The postdoctoral associate is required to analyze data and write manuscripts to be published in peer reviewed journals, and attend annual scientific meetings to present research data. The postdoctoral associate will also contribute to maintain the work environment in the laboratory by complying with all biosafety training and laboratory training of graduate and professional students: 20%
- Other duties as assigned: 5%
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cancer biology, or related field
- Evidence of scientific achievement including a good publication record. Training and experience in tissue culture, molecular techniques, protein expression and purification, and mouse handling are highly desirable.
Special or Physical Qualifications
Required to be capable of lifting up to 40 pounds, stand or walk for prolonged periods, able to reach and/or climb a ladder, kneel or sit on the floor, bending, squatting, and/or twisting. Must be able to distinguish between different colors accurately and have near-vision acuity at 20 inches or less. Must be comfortable and knowledgeable about handling hazardous materials (e.g., blood and bodily fluids as potential sources of bacterial and viral pathogens of humans, including zoonotic agents). Position requires occasional holiday and weekend work. Due to the nature of the position and/or position responsibilities this position shall be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with University Policy Statement 67.
Job Description Summary
Please provide your resume and three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
Attach your official transcripts to your application if you plan to substitute college credit for the required experience. Apply here: https://employers.sciencecareers.org/post-a-job/?ProductId=11
Additional Position Information: Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer: LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HCM Contact Information: Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu