Senior Manager, R&D Project Management
Senior Manager, R&D Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Manager, Portfolio Project Management is responsible for managing one or more programs. They may also partner closely with Senior PMs in the management of complex programs with multiple project teams and sub-teams.
- Works in partnership with Program Strategy leader, Global Development Leader, and other functional leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project strategy across various phases of development,
- Co-chairs timely, efficient, and action-oriented Project Team meetings with well thought out agendas, meeting materials, and meeting minutes.
- Responsible for developing and or updating Project Development Plans which define the scope of project team deliverables and integrates scope, timelines, and resources. Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Responsible for execution of project plan by coordinating operations across various functional areas; attends sub team meetings; organizes ad hoc working groups.
- Anticipates and identifies project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; proposes and implements plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions. Timely communication of risks, emerging issues.
- Directs project communications and ensures that stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
- Organizes preparation of high-quality documents for review by governance committees in collaboration with the project team and represents the Project Team at Governance and other Sr. leadership meetings, as needed
- Supports the development and update of life cycle development plans, which articulate the vision & strategy for asset maximization and Development Plans which define the scope of project team deliverables, ensuring Development Plans integrate TA/ disease area and molecule vision & strategy, with timing, scope and resources
- Provides updated project documents and information for all regular program and budget updates
- Participates in departmental initiatives on process improvements
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Requires a BA or BS degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience with an MBA or MS
- 2+ years of relevant experience and a PhD in a scientific field or a PharmD, DVM or MD degree.
- A scientific background is preferred. Experience should include participation in cross-functional project management activities.
- Must have solid understanding of the drug development process.
- Must have a solid understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
- Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision, determine personal work plan, and schedule tasks and activities.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--R-D-Project-Management_R0018705-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency