The ICGEB China Regional Research Centre (RRC) is a new collaboration between China National Center for Biotechnology Development (CNCBD), China Medical City (CMC) in Taizhou, and the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), an intergovernmental organisation. The ICGEB China RRC aims to become a centre of innovation, combining high-level scientific research with a technology commercialization centre, and a world-class new drug development centre.
The International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology China Regional Research Center invites applications for the posts of Principal Investigator
ICGEB China Regional Research Center (RRC) is seeking two new talented principal investigators to conduct cutting-edge research and address fundamental questions of Vaccine and Biologics development. The successful candidate will be expected to produce high-quality original research and to translate results into biotechnology products taking advantage of the industrial biotech and commercialization platforms available at CMC. Applicants working in research areas that complement existing research activities are encouraged to apply.
POST TITLE: Principal Investigator
DUTY STATION: Taizhou, Jiangsu, People’s Republic of China
DURATION: Five-year appointment with possibility of further extensions subject to performance reviews
DUTIES: Under the supervision of the ICGEB board and China RRC, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and developing research activities and strategy within the group and will be responsible for:
- Conducting world-class vaccine and biologics researches at the forefront of the field
- Collaborating with other scientists in the center and in China Medical City to facilitate research collaboration and promote translational research
- Applying research grants to expand and sustain the researches’ activities
- Supervising support staff, MSc and PhD students
- Performing other work-related duties, as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS: PhD Degree and a minimum of 5 years post-doctoral training in research or industrial experience.
COMPETENCIES: He/She should have a proven track record of research excellence in biological sciences, a strong background in mechanisms-based or disease-related research, with a outstanding publication record and an ability to attract competitive research funding.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 31, 2021
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Internationally competitive salaries, generous start-up and funding support (no dependency on grant), highly collaborating research and translation environment
- Seven state-of-the-art core facilities covering from chemical and structural analyses, macro and small molecule preparation, imaging, NGS, and vaccine develop
- Strong supports from ICGEB, CNCBD, and local municipal government and open communication with international scientific community.
Candidates should submit their full curriculum vitae and a statement of proposed research to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their motivation for application and full contact details of three referees.
Apply for Principal Investigator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly