Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Bioanalytical Senior Scientist, Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department within Research to help drive our bioanalytical and drug development efforts for large molecule drug discovery. The role is responsible for defining bioanalytical strategies and designing/implementing new assay technologies to support our portfolio in the pre-clinical Research stages. The candidate will work with internal and external collaborators as a project team member as well as a scientific resource and consultant with expertise in bioanalytical assays.
Who You Are
- Serve as the Bioanalytical representative at project team meetings and provide bioanalytical strategies specific to the modality, therapeutic area, and/or mode of delivery.
- Work to execute bioanalytical strategies and provide bioanalytical deliverables in support of all large molecule projects.
- Provide guidance to and/or mentor internal FTEs and contractors and external collaborators (ie. CRO) on assay development, experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, and automation.
- Work with internal/external collaborators to establish or enhance various workflows including sample management, sample shipping, and data management.
- Single point of contact for external collaborations and resource management
- Working in close partnership across various functions including various Development Science departments, In vivo Translational departments, Protein Sciences and Bioinformatics.
- Effective communication is essential and includes presentations at department and cross-functional teams, and writing bioanalytical sections of protocols for IND reports and/or publications.
- Candidates must have a PhD/postdoc with 3 years of experience, in academic or industry setting.
- Candidate must be goal-oriented, highly organized, motivated, work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting, and demonstrate the ability to manage complex processes.
- Success in these responsibilities requires good communications, attention to detail, and experience in drug discovery.
- Candidate must be a technical expert in bioanalytical assays with knowledge in a variety of assay technologies such as ELISA, MSD, Gyros and/or LCMS.
- Strong expertise in automation and familiarity of high throughput processes including building informatics is preferred.
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and
life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.