Agile Coach, IT Center of Excellence Leader
Agile Coach, IT Center of Excellence Leader
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Gilead IT is seeking an Agile Coach with experience setting up and transforming teams to deliver acceleration of Customer Value using Agile. This is a leadership role that will be expected to consult on largescale initiatives, drive a cross organization transformation and stand up an Agile Center of Excellence. This new role in the organization will provide short term consulting for key Gilead IT teams deploying Agile methodology and best practices. This role will also mentor Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to earn Certifications and provide training for managers and individual contributors throughout the process. This role will work with the PMO to ensure Delivery Methodology and Frameworks enable Agile methods. Lastly, this role will stand up and host a virtual community of Gilead IT's Agile practitioners and those throughout the organization interested in the methodology so that they can enable better results through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Candidates must have verified Agile Certifications alongside prior experience consulting and training and executing Agile methodology in largescale organizations.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lead the initiative to drive Agile Transformation across the organization
- Act as agile evangelist and collaborate with business leadership team to showcase framework advantages and options to adopt
- Work with groups e.g. PMO, to ensure Agile blockers are identified and champions improvements to enable a more Agile culture
- Stand up a continuous improvement COE including a repository of templates and information and monthly virtual gatherings
- Consult key Gilead IT projects including a current ERP transformation on Agile methodology to ensure on-time delivery and high product quality
- Foster Agile Certification attainment for employees throughout the organization
- Support knowledge sharing and best practices
- Mentor and coach current PODs and encourage the right culture within the team to increase Value, Flow and Quality
- Set up Agile special interest groups, Lean Coffee and other communication channels to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Partner with the IT Leadership Team in providing vision and direction for the Agile COE
- Drive focus and prioritization within the IT organization with establishing key projects and processes to focus on
- Lead governance and execution of COE strategy and KPIs
- Oversee the development and maintenance of relevant documentation, templates, and knowledge sharing
- Establish and expands use of Agile mindset and methods across the organization
- Stay current with developments in Agile market trends and opportunities
- Oversee the general management of the Agile COE and fosters creative ways to grow and maintain participation
Associates Degree and Eight Year\'s Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Six Years' Experience OR Masters\' Degree and Four Years' Experience
- 8+ years of experience leading Agile teams and product development
- Agile certification
- 8+ years managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience coaching, consulting and training the Agile methodology in largescale organizations
- Ability to collaborate with a team that has a fast-moving and diverse portfolio
- Experience in IT business/industry
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport, and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/IT-Agile-Center-of-Excellence-Leader-and-Agile-Coach_R0018012-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency