Manager, Payroll Accounting - Shared Services
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Manager, Payroll Accounting reports to the Associate Director, Payroll Accounting, Tax Reporting, Compliance, Audit, & Projects. The Manager is responsible for the execution and delivery of all activities involving payroll accounting, month end close, and compliance for payrolls processed in the United States. The position requires the individual to be highly self-motivated, innovative, effectively multi-task, prioritize work, demonstrate accountability, and effectively collaborate with both internal and external business partners to perform towards best practice payroll solutions. The Manager is accountable for ensuring all activities align to best practice through increased use of technology enablers to create capacity, increase efficiency, quality, and ensure systems and internal controls adequately support U.S. payroll, employment taxes, all applicable labor laws, regulations, and company policies. A high degree of professionalism and discretion is mandatory in handling sensitive and confidential information. Key responsibilities include: Operations/Technology/Continuous Improvement:
- Ensure all payrolls are reconciled throughout the year; regular payrolls, stock option payrolls, and off-cycle payroll runs.
- Accountable for the delivery of month end close activities.
- Prepare or review journal entries, ensure timely processing, and research and resolve all reconciling items.
- Accountable for identifying, capturing, accounting for, and resolving issues with unclaimed property.
- Provide quarter-end and year-end payroll support.
- Assist in the delegation of work to ensure continuity of service as needed.
- Actively lead, drive and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Support strategic and cross functional projects; ensure project deliverables for Payroll are met as the Payroll Project Manager.
- Actively participate in implementing new technology and integrating business partner needs to deliver high quality service to employees, and to ensure compliant and accurate reporting.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Business Partnering/Customer Engagement:
- Responsible for actively participating in or leading various payroll audits and controls throughout the year as required.
- Accountable for actively participating and enforcing the internal control environment over the financial as well as the business process aspects of the payroll business process.
- Lead the effort to stay informed with any changes to accounting practices.
- Maintain process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Build and maintain credibility with internal/external business partners and employee population from a Business Service Center model.
- Coordinate various payroll activities with internal/external business partners.
- Accountable for the generation, review, analysis, and reporting of evolving KPI's and Service partnership agreements.
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners and International colleagues to identify and implement options to improve the quality of service delivery from a global perspective and pursue opportunities for global process delivery in line with best practice.
- Promote a positive team environment. Consistently demonstrate leadership and support to all payroll staff.
- Advocate for global standardization and partnership with International colleagues on project initiatives.
- Production and delivery of global process maps, desk-top manuals, and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Must be a critical thinker; must have strong analytical skills, the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity and effective decision making.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Results Oriented. The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures.
- High level of self-motivation, accountability, leadership, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience and in-depth knowledge of payroll accounting best practice programs in a large complex multi-national corporation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with SAP or best practice ERP systems.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with production and delivery of process related training.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot-Tables, Sum Ifs, etc.)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
- Experience working in a global Finance organization.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Manager--Accounting---Shared-Services_R0017433-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency