Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment as a Director, Gilead Oncology in the Medical Affairs department and report to the Senior Director, Medical Affairs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of Gilead medicines
- Improve the standard of clinical care for patients living with cancer
- Lead the Gilead Oncology medical team
- Serve as internal and external scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape, and data on Gilead and competitor medicines
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the development and execution of the ANZ Medical Affairs plan to support the Gilead oncology franchise, setting defined goals and objectives
- Partner with colleagues and serve as the internal medical affairs representative in the cross-functional therapeutic team
- Working with the Senior Director, Medical Affairs plan and allocate Gilead Oncology Medical Affairs resources and budgets
- Recruit, manage and develop staff for ANZ Gilead Oncology team
- Ensure effective cross-functional collaborations with internal and external customers, including the Foster City Medical Affairs team, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Clinical Research, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Finance, Legal
- Maintain a high level of scientific presence in the ANZ oncology medical community, through: leadership at major international and national meetings, congresses and symposia regional and national advisory boards, regular communication and compliant responses with key opinion leaders, investigators, and research organizations
- Evaluate and effectively communicate Gilead ANZ clinical data to support the Gilead Oncology portfolio:
- Provide medical and scientific oversight to publications, scientific presentations
- Oversee collaborative medical education and speaker training
- Support Gilead Oncology data generation activities through:
- Strategically develop Ph 3b and 4 clinical trials to address unmet medical needs in ANZ region
- Critical review of global ISR, Ph3 and Ph4 study proposals as a member of the MAST committee
- Serve as medical monitor to Gilead sponsored Phase 4 trials as needed
- Review abstracts and/or manuscripts that result from ISR grants
- Oversee the medical and scientific review of promotional materials for Gilead Oncology treatments, and serve as an official signatory
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- The ideal candidate will be an MD, PharmD or PhD with clinical practice and pharmaceutical experience in oncology in general, solid tumours (especially breast cancer) and haematological malignancies in particular
- Solid experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with prior supervisory/leadership and people development experience
- Demonstrate organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment.
- Travel to domestic and international conferences, including weekends
- In depth knowledge of regulatory affairs and drug safety
- In depth knowledge of local pharmaceutical industry, business conduct and legal/health system environment
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Director--Medical-Affairs---Oncology_R0017032-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency