As the healthcare & technology landscape, and Medical Affairs leadership in Pharma evolves, this colleague is expected to help keep the US Medical group apprised on healthcare & technology landscape. This may include consideration of key stakeholder engagement, special populations, new assets for BD, etc.
Reporting to the VP of I&I NA Medical Affairs Lead, and dotted line to the I&I US Landscape & Patients Excellence Lead, this colleague will provide clear and actionable strategic insights about the evolving healthcare/digital/patients landscape.
Integration of understanding of patient, healthcare professional and organizational insights will be critical. Patient centricity, and patient focused issues will be at the heart of this role, including considerations around data that enhance patient care, lessening disparities, and other key areas identified.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform, develop, and Lead strategies to help NAMA I&I to continue to thrive and be most trusted medical affairs organization to improve patient outcomes in the evolving Healthcare & Technology & Medical Affairs Leadership Landscape, taking into consideration evolution in healthcare reform, technology, patient centricity, professional organizations, organized customers, speed of data evolution, real world data trends, changing demographics, etc.
- Serves as NAMA I&I HQ point of contact liaising with cross functional teams around HC/Digital landscape and Patients experiences.
- Supports US I&I Medical Affairs and Global I&I teams in the assessment and roll out of major above brand strategic initiatives
- Serves on cross-functional, cross divisional and cross business unit committees
- Supports innovation strategies initiatives and development of new digital and social media medical affairs resources and tools for US I&I medical affairs HQ teams.
- Supports teams strategic and executional processes and coordinates across different HQ medical TA teams to optimize and improve performance.
- Cross-functional leadership to pull insights and build medical strategy to help all TA disease areas act efficiently and generate and disseminate smart RWE data, incorporate innovative initiatives to benefit the treating HCP and patient.
- Set strategy for key Rheum/GI stakeholder engagement (examples may include cooperative groups, non-MD HCPs, other organized customers, patient or professional organizations, data companies, etc.)
- Serve as point of contact for internal stakeholders to provide expertise on I&I landscape from medical perspective
- Support Global Medical and US Commercial Development for emerging assets, business development and other areas to provide key regional input, which will require efficiently collecting relevant information from key stakeholders.
- Partner with Operations & LT to identify synergies and areas of redundancy across brand HQ teams to improve efficiency
- Integrate strategic planning across work, including patient centered approaches
- Stays current on FDA and other US regulations and guidance that impact interactions with and delivery of medical information to external healthcare professionals.
- Stays current on, anticipates, and adopts new digital technology, on-demand, and other related offerings that improve the efficiency of medical communications activities and/or enhance the overall medical customer experience.
- Keeps updated on scientific and medical literature and developments.
- Stays current on all relevant Pfizer SOPs and US guidance documents.
- Terminal Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, or Doctor of Nursing Practice) required
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience required
- Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information.
- Significant, direct experience with matrix leadership and demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations.
- Very strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership excellence, proven ability to motivate and lead people in a complex, changing environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrates a strong patient-centric, customer focused approach with the utmost medical professionalism
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Inflammation and Immunology experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years Medical Affairs experience preferred.
Other Job Details Last Date to Apply for Job: June 16, 2021
- Travel likely up to 25% of the time.
- Must meet and comply with all Corporate Travel requirements, policies and procedures as applicable
Additional Location Information This position can be based in the U.S or Canada (Pfizer site or virtual)
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFE Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.