Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will lead a team of junior scientists in the development and qualification of cell-based biofunctional assays in support of Pfizer's vaccine programs. You will be responsible for designing and executing experiments, analyzing data, writing reports and presenting results at internal meetings. The responsibilities also include clinical testing of human serum samples, and data review of the clinical assay results. You will ensure that all the work that you do is in compliance with relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Lab practices / Good Manufacturing Processes (cGLP and/or cGMP) guidelines. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor.
With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. You will be forecasting and planning resource requirements for your project team. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Regularly contribute and influence at the project team level to make it successful.
- Utilize expertise in cancer cell biology to develop the robust cell-based assays for understanding cellular activity and the role of target of interest.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review.
- Author and review laboratory methods and reports.
- Perform routine sample analysis.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations in a matrix environment, influencing project strategies and platform development.
- Effectively interact within Immunogenicity team and support projects advancement.
- Participate in all phases of mass spectrometry laboratory operations including technology evaluations, the development of sample preparation and separation methods, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with the project teams on utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
- Apply fit-for-purpose assay development and support model and effectively balance assay rigor against resource needs and study goals.
- Sustain and manage appropriate level of compliance for key reagent characterization activities.
- Proactively gather input from literature, colleagues, additional resources to drive projects forward.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 9+ years of experience
- Industry experience in the field of biopharmaceuticals or immunology
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge and application of sample preparation methods as applied to cytometry techniques
- Good understanding of immunology and cellular biology
- Demonstrated experience with assay qualification, validation and when required sample analysis
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
- Master's degree with 7+ years of relevant experience or PhD
- Experience with iin vitro assays as well as experience with cellular immunology
- Other Job Details
- Relocation support available
- Eligible for Employee Referral Program
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development