Senior Scientist, Oncology (Small Molecule, Biology Discovery)
Tyra Biosciences, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to lead oncology drug discovery projects targeting disease areas with high unmet medical need. The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, and thrive in a dynamic, cross functional start-up environment.
The Senior Scientist will lead biology discovery efforts supporting structure-based drug discovery programs. This individual will serve as scientific and technical leader for in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to demonstrate efficacy and to characterize the mechanism of action of oncology drug candidates to identify compounds to advance into the clinic. The position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project leadership
- Characterization of small molecule leads
- Develop, optimize, and perform cell-based functional assays and proliferation assays
- Effectively lead and coordinate discovery efforts with both internal and external partners
- Conduct, analyze and troubleshoot experiments and procedures
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook and present results regularly
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences
- 3- 5 years of post-doctoral experience and/or work in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience with in vivo oncology models
- Experience with development and optimization of screening assays
- Familiarity with small molecule drug discovery, kinase experience is an asset
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, responsibility, persistence, the ability to communicate openly and effectively across multiple scientific disciplines both in writing and verbally, and adaptability to new projects, approaches, and priorities
As an equal opportunity employer, Tyra Biosciences is committed to a diverse workforce.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.