Sr Research Associate II/Associate Scientist, Oncology
Sr Research Associate II/Associate Scientist, Oncology
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences (Seattle, WA) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated biologist to join in the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents in the area of Oncology and Immune Oncology. The successful candidate will contribute to drug discovery teams and explore opportunities for targeting the mechanisms cancer cells employ to escape recognition and clearance by immune cells. The candidate's core responsibilities will include development, optimization, and execution of in vitro pharmacological assays to support the Gilead Oncology Research portfolio. The successful candidate will work with project and department team members and provide expertise in identifying and implementing biochemical and cellular assays using state of the art technology. The candidate should have proven record of applying sound scientific judgement to answer critical questions, as well as a proven ability to design and implement appropriate experiments. Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability are required. Ability to work collaboratively in a high-pace, multi-disciplinary, matrix environment is essential.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Develop, and execute in vitro assays (biochemical and cellular assays) and in vivo tumor model experiments to support drug discovery efforts
- Interface with cross-functional subject matter experts, project teams, and a variety of external vendors and network of consultants to advance projects
- Develop assays to explore external targeted oncology and immune-oncology opportunities as part of a cross-functional team
- Work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Communicate experimental data and conclusions clearly and effectively to the project team
- Maintain awareness of new technological developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance
- Assist in primary high throughput screening and secondary hit profiling assays, focused on small molecule, antibody, or functional genomic based screens.
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
- BS with 5+ years of direct relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in oncology and/or immune-oncology, or related field. Title to be adjusted commensurate with experience.
- MS with 3+ years of direct relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in oncology and/or immune-oncology, or related field. Title to be adjusted commensurate with experience.
- Specific experience with the development of biochemical or cell-based assays for small molecule or antibody profiling. Experience with a variety of assay technologies is highly desirable.
- Strong tissue culture experience would be a plus: transient/stable cell transfection, primary cells and transformed human cell lines.
- Experience designing, running and interpreting multi-parameter flow cytometry assays is desired
- Knowledge of tumor/T cell/immune cell co-culture and/or antigen presentation assays in murine and/or human systems desired
- Experience running immunological cell-based assays and in vivo tumor models is a plus
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at any given time, work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Must be collaborative, have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Sr-Research-Associate-II-Associate-Scientist--Oncology_R0020218
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency