Associate Director, R&D Information Systems
Associate Director, R&D Information Systems
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Development Systems team in Gilead Dublin is a pivotal function in supporting the Development Organization both in Dublin and Internationally. This team's goal is to advance Gilead's mission through strategic and innovative technology solutions.
This Cloud Solutions Architect role will be a valued member of the Development Systems Team in Dublin. This role will develop our cloud strategy and architecture as well as providing technical guidance to our solutions development team in building secure/reliable and scalable solutions using AWS.
- Ability to define and drive AWS architecture design
- Ability to articulate architecture solution options to leadership
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture
- Provide leadership, training, coaching and guidance to data/software engineers
- Ensure technology decisions align with enterprise standards and strategy
- Collaborate with IT and other key stakeholders to ensure infrastructure supports continued business growth and initiatives
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly
- Account for both high level and detailed estimates for a proposed cloud solution
- Maintain architecture processes and technical documentation
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- In depth understanding of AWS cloud architecture, configuration, and management
- Significant years of hands on experience in AWS
- Strong experience in data warehousing
- Understanding of infrastructure as code and scripting of infrastructure automation (Terraform, Python, PowerShell, etc)
- Strong understanding of AWS authentication and authorization frameworks, cloud-based access, and data encryption
- Experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker as well as serverless architecture
- Requires a BS degree in computer science or equivalent and relevant industry experience
- Experience working in a regulated industry is plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Associate-Director--R-D-Information-Systems_R0020041
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency