United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Research Scientist role is in the Analytical Core Team (ACT) based at our headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are a group that oversees development and implementation of analytical test methods, analytical control strategies, and regulatory filings for pre-clinical and clinical phase projects.Job Responsibilities:
Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- Develops analytical chemical test methods for small molecule parenteral/ injectable drug products (purity/impurity by LC, particulate matter, sterility, etc)
- Develops physical characterization tests for drug substances for parenteral drug products (thermal analysis, particle size, microscopy, XRPD, rheometry,etc)
- Oversees design and execution of development, in-use, or accelerated stability studies
- Independently plans, executes, and troubleshoots experiments that support non-routine development activities and project goals
- Works cross-functionally with process chemistry, formulations development, method validation, release and stability groups, QA, and regulatory sciences to develop drug candidates
- May represent ACT at cross-functional meetings
- May lead operational aspects of a CMC project
- Provides guidance to junior team members on experimental design and data interpretation
- Develops subject matter expertise in an analytical technique and acts as a resource for other employees within the department
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions on complex problems using data from multiple sources
- Maintains high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to development projects
- Authors reports, protocols, test methods, and other documentation
- May contribute to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings
- Must be flexible to support changes in project priorities and be able to adapt to fast paced working environment
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques, and may proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems
- Applies the principles and techniques of analytical chemistry to solving manufacturing and testing challenges
- PhD with Post Doc in Chemistry, OR MS degree with 6+ years of industry experience, OR a BS degree with 8+ years of industry experience.
- Strongest consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in parenteral drug product development (sterility, device and packaging, particulate matter, etc.)
- Proficiency or experience with one or more of the following analytical techniques: chromatographic separations (RPLC, SEC, Ion exchange, chiral), Mass spectrometry, parenteral characterization (osmolality, subvisible particles, pH, extractable volume, etc), solid state characterization (particle size, XRPD, DSC/TGA, etc)
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist_R0020206-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency