Counsel, Liver Therapeutic Area
Counsel, Liver Therapeutic Area
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Gilead is seeking a talented attorney to provide product and compliance counsel for Gilead's hepatitis C therapeutic area in the U.S., with potential additional responsibilities providing legal support for activities within the global Liver Disease and Established Products category. This position will support multiple client groups, including teams within Gilead's Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, and Public Affairs departments, providing advice on matters related to promotional and educational activities, engagements with healthcare providers and entities, and other applications of commercial law and regulatory compliance in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. This position requires a problem-solving mindset, a high degree of collaboration with internal clients and colleagues, and the ability to exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel to commercial, medical and corporate teams on sales and marketing strategies, programs, policies, practices and initiatives with respect to compliance with relevant healthcare laws, guidance documents or opinions, and industry codes (FDCA, FDA guidance Documents, Fraud and Abuse laws, Anti-kickback Statute, federal and state transparency laws, OIG Advisory Opinions, FCPA, etc.).
- Serve as the legal representative on one or more cross-functional therapeutic area Promotional Review Committees to provide legal feedback and direction on advertising, promotional and educational materials submitted for review.
- Provide legal and compliance training to field and home office Gilead personnel and external consultants, including large group public speaking.
- Review and provide legal guidance on financial and other interactions with healthcare professionals, patients, or others in a position to influence healthcare decisions (e.g., payers, advocacy groups, distributors, etc.) to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support execution of a robust healthcare compliance program, including creation and enforcement of Business Conduct policies and procedures, risk assessments and ongoing monitoring.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to the California state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either within 90 days.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience with a law firm that has a nationally recognized FDA/life sciences practice and/or equivalent experience as a member of a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company's legal department.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience as a commercial lawyer providing legal advice and support for FDA-approved marketed products or equivalent.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel periodically within the U.S.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Workshare, experience with document management systems, Veeva, DocuSign, Internet).
- Demonstration of and willingness to uphold Gilead's core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and Inclusion.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Counsel--HCV_R0020187
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency