Patent Prosecution Paralegal I
Patent Prosecution Paralegal I
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This is a position within the Intellectual Property prosecution team at Gilead Sciences, reporting to the Patent Prosecution Team Leader. The prosecution team consist of 15 Attorneys, and 8 Paralegals. This team is made up of high caliber, reputable and extremely hard-working IP professionals, all of whom play an integral role in the company's ability to continue providing therapies to medical areas of unmet needs worldwide.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assistance with US and Foreign patent prosecution
- Collaborating with US law firm counsel regarding patent prosecution matters
- Preparing response drafts for US and foreign patent prosecution
- Collaborating with foreign counsel regarding patent prosecution matters
- Coordinating with attorneys regarding docket planning and workflow
- Coordinating with the Patent Prosecution Team Leader regarding workload
- Preparing and enduring compliance with Gilead IP Department Standard Operating Procedures and best practices including completion of internal checklists
- Ensuring all outstanding docket items are addressed, reported to docketing and correctly reflected in CPI
- Preparing and maintaining the IDS database and spreadsheets as needed
- Reviewing issued US patents for accuracy and preparing certificates of correction as needed
- Updating and maintaining complete electronic files for prosecution matters
- Assisting with maintaining and updating internal patent prosecutions systems
- Collaborating with other Legal departments and personnel
- Performing notarizations as needed
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Paralegal certification is preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in US and patent prosecution experience (both US and foreign prosecution experience is preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Notary certification or willingness and ability to obtain notary certification
- High proficiency in computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Visio, etc.
- Experience with the iManage document management experience is preferred
- Experience with docketing systems (e.g., CPI) is preferred
- Candidates must possess the ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Organizational skills, exceptional time management and attention to detail are a must
- This is an in-office position with work-from-home hours as approved by Manager
- Business travel is not required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Patent-Prosecution-Paralegal_R0019882
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency