Applications are invited for 2 full-time Postdoctoral Fellowship positions in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, under the supervision of Dr. Shabnam Raayai at Rowland Institute at Harvard University. The projects are focused on the experimental study of flows passing around textures and/or constrained by different rigid and soft geometries. The primary role of these positions will be to design and fabricate samples, plan and lead experiments, and acquire and analyze data; prepare peer-reviewed journal articles and present the work at professional conferences. Opportunity to participate in the development of new research ideas and research proposals may be available. Candidates will also be highly encouraged to use this opportunity to gain experience with new skills and techniques. The ideal candidates must
- already have, or be close to completing, a PhD in a topic related to fluid mechanics and/or fluid-solid interactions;
- have experience in experimental fluid mechanics especially particle image velocimetry and operating high-powered lasers;
- demonstrate the ability to perform advanced data analysis;
- have experience in design and fabrication of samples and experiments;
- show the ability to adapt to a multifaceted project to achieve objectives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application directly to Dr. Raayai (email@example.com), which includes a cover letter, CV, and list of references. Select applications will be contacted for further interview.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly