Director, Oncology Research
Director, Oncology Research
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to lead ongoing and new efforts in the discovery and development of therapeutic agents in Oncology and Immuno-oncology. As a member of a cross-functional team, you will lead discovery and translational research teams aimed at identifying and characterizing novel therapeutics for oncology.
- Drive discovery and translational research aimed at identifying, characterizing, and interpreting results for novel oncology therapeutics
- Collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts, project teams, and a variety of external vendors and network of consultants to advance projects
- Evaluate external targeted oncology and immune-oncology opportunities as part of a cross-functional team
- Define and implement critical path studies needed to support hypothesis-based research
- Demonstrate ability to execute well-designed, decision-making experiments
- Manages Research Scientists and Associates in the initiation and execution of laboratory experiments
- Mentors scientists within to effectively engage with project teams and advance portfolio projects
- Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in oncology and/or immuno-oncology research
- Deep understanding of small molecule and/or biologics drug discovery and early and late stage development; familiarity with regulatory filings a plus
- Previous project leadership in drug discovery program preferred
- Demonstrated ability to present projects to internal and external management teams for project decisions
- Experience authoring of technical reports, drug discovery documents, and regulatory submissions desired
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing people, and projects)
- Proven publication record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex scientific problems into a strategy and tactics
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a dynamic environment
- PhD with 12+years of directly relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in immunology, oncology and/or immune-oncology, or related discipline
- Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- MUST relocate to Seattle
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Director--Oncology-Research_R0020110-5
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency