Principal Medical Lead, Oncology Key Accounts South Central
Principal Medical Lead, Oncology Key Accounts South Central
United States - South Region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Principal Medical Lead, Oncology Key Accounts - South Central
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of
patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position: Principal Medical Lead, Oncology Key Accounts
South Central - TX, NM, OK, LA, possibly KS or MO
The Principal Medical Lead will be responsible for leading the medical interface among key oncology health systems, academic centers, and pathways accounts. This interface involves developing sustainable enterprise customer relationships and communicating comprehensive clinical, scientific, health economic, epidemiology, and quality of life/quality of care data and information.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining access to the key account stakeholders to facilitate the appropriate scientific interchange for all Gilead oncology assets, including Gilead's pipeline assets, with priority placed upon launch assets.
- Will be responsible for the development of strategic medical plans and tactics, and implementation of customer-specific Real World Evidence (RWE) data generation research activities, and will work closely with the Managed Care & Government Accounts (MCGA) medical teams to interpret and disseminate data and information assessing the medical value of Gilead's oncology assets.
- Assigned to approximately ten (10) critical key accounts. These customers are primarily the largest US academic health and key oncology health systems. The Lead will work closely with the Commercial Key Account Directors as it relates to external stakeholder needs and engagements.
- Additionally, will also work closely with Therapeutic Area Medical Scientists and home office medical matrix teams to facilitate deep scientific product exchange.
The Medical Lead will provide strong leadership in developing the medical strategy as it relates to patient access, the evolving healthcare environment, and their customers.
- Effectively communicates approved clinical, scientific, and outcomes data, and accurately responds to customer questions during a scientific exchange. They must be knowledgeable about the full data/information available. The audience for these interactions at the assigned key accounts are usually access and policy decision-makers, department heads, and chairs, executive medical and institutional stakeholders, scientific advisors, healthcare policymakers, nationally recognized health economists, and population health experts. Interactions with these stakeholders will take place in accordance with Company Policies, and applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Gain insights into (1) formulary, policy, and reimbursement strategies (2) outcomes and real-world evidence research activities taking place, (3) the needs and interests of the key account(s), (4) the thinking and recommendations being formulated by policymakers involved in pathways and pathway decision making, (5) cost-effectiveness and healthcare value, quality of life, and quality of care issues, and (6) the clinical and consumer healthcare needs of patients. In addition, the Medical Lead will participate in the interpretation and communication of insights to the appropriate Medical matrix teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership in developing and executing medical strategy as it relates to patient access, customer engagement, matrix collaboration, and the evolving healthcare landscape.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the current US healthcare system, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/device development process required.
- Knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and basic understanding of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, and presentation skills required. Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal stakeholders including medical affairs colleagues, field-based therapeutic medical scientists, HEOR, commercial, managed markets, and account management teams; and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, health systems, large group practices, medical directors, pharmacy directors, clinical payer leads, specialty pharmacy, and other value-based and population-based groups and decision-makers.
- Demonstrates a patient-centric and customer mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders through impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and collaboratively resolves them.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to travel within the US a minimum of 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice
- Education: Advanced scientific degree required (MD, DO, Ph.D. or PharmD strongly preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required. Ph.D. or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health, or health policy is a plus.
- Significant clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in oncology
- History of relationships among key academic health centers and oncology health systems stakeholders within the position region
- Comprehensive knowledge of the US health care landscape, Integrated Delivery Networks, Health Systems (ideally Academic Health centers), managed markets, HEOR, and disease management with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, or similar organization is required with >10 years preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---South-Region/Principal-Medical-Lead--Oncology-Key-Accounts---South-Central_R0020137-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency