Sr. Manager, IT Commercial and Sales Analytics
Sr. Manager, IT Commercial and Sales Analytics
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Sr. Manager, IT Commercial and Sales Analytics role within the Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, is a leadership role accountable for liaising with Gilead US Commercial and Sales Analytics & Data Strategy teams and stakeholders. The role will be involved from the execution of IT data and analytics solutions for multiple Gilead Commercial therapeutic areas and product launches. Successful candidates will possess a combination of Commercial process and data knowledge, data management and vendor team management skills.
Initiatives led during a typical year, may include Cloud transformation initiatives, Analytics IT Operations delivery, Commercial Product Launch analytics support and other data strategy projects, to enhance US Commercial Sales and Analytics organization's data and analytics effectiveness. Also, works with Commercial IT leadership in data and analytics roadmap development and horizontal IT data management portfolio streamlining. This position will direct additional IT and Vendor resources as required and creates influence network across diverse functional groups, including Gilead Commercial and IT functions.
Essential Job Duties:
- To be a credible, strategic, value generating business partner and trusted advisor to Field and Commercial teams on data and analytics
- Oversee planning and implementation of ongoing data and analytics solutions to support Commercial Sales Analytics & Operations teams, Incentive compensation and Data governance teams
- Partner with Commercial Data strategy team to onboard, maintain and integrate commercial data sets into analytics warehouse to support effective decision making for field, marketing & brand teams
- Work with system integrators, system vendors, and project team members to deliver data management and analytics solutions to stakeholders
- Drive and oversee building of new data pipelines and analytics support for new Product launches and therapeutic areas
- Manage and deliver high impact dashboards and visualizations
- Collaborate with business unit leadership to facilitate business process reengineering for improvement of actionable insights
- Analyze business context/needs/process to derive detailed business case, costs and implementation plans
- Work cross-functionally as a key contributor to the overall success of a global dynamic IT function to participate in projects from concept to deployment
- Project manage the planning, requirements gathering, development, design, testing and implementation of analytics initiatives within budget and timelines
- Key Contributor and thought leader to enable DevOps model within IT to support agile delivery for analytics solutions
- Proactively collaborate with IT team(s) to prevent data and analytics issues and create sustainable solutions
- Develop strong relationships with service providers such as Cognizant Technology Services, ZS Associates, Accenture, etc.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, assistance and development to colleagues on cross training and technical development of staff
- Must be quality oriented and ensure all work streams are aligned with company and IT compliance/audit/SOX standards
- Ensure resources, either internal from IT Department or external are secured to meet business demands
- Promote opportunities for applying technology to business problems; champion introduction of new technology or improvement of existing tools and solutions
- Other duties as required for overall Enterprise data and analytics team effectiveness commensurate with role
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- 8+ years supporting Commercial Pharma Sales Analytics and Operations processes
- 5+ years of experience with data management and analytics tools and technologies
- 5+ years managing technology and analytics vendor support teams
- Experienced leader in building Commercial Analytical solutions within a pharmaceutical or Commercial biopharmaceutical organization, with a diverse and broad set of expertise on Data acquisition, analytics solutions & Commercial business processes
- Deep understanding of Commercial data sets like IQVIA DDD, XPO, XPD, LAAD, SHAPTD, Specialty pharmacy, copay, patient assistance programs data, etc
- Demonstrates strong technical understanding of Data warehousing process and AWS cloud technologies
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the current and future technology stacks in data management and AWS Cloud
- Deep experience leading major data and analytics transformation projects
- Support and build Field analytics to drive sales performance for different therapeutic areas, products and indications
- Drive IT operational efficiencies to scale the range and depth of analytics
- Experience in management of multiple vendor teams is a plus
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details, self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills requiring little supervisory attention
- Experience with following technologies is preferred:
- AWS Cloud architecture and services
- Integration technologies Like Informatica, Dell Boomi etc.
- Visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Salesforce, Veeva, Teradata and other Pharma applications
- Proficiency with query languages, such as SQL and or Python
- AWS Cloud architecture and services
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Data-Analytics-Lead_R0017656
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency