Senior Research Associate (SRAI/SRAII), Fibrosis Biology
Senior Research Associate (SRAI/SRAII), Fibrosis Biology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences seeks a highly motivated Senior Research Associate (SRAI/SRAII) with a strong cell biology background. The successful candidate will support laboratory-based research activities aimed at characterizing novel and established therapeutic targets within an established group focused on fibrotic, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. The candidate will be expected to design and perform hypothesis-based experiments that support established/new programs in the group. The successful candidate must be able work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
- Independently design/develop, perform and manage experiments.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Interpret experimental outcomes and present results in team meetings.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Work with CROs to co-ordinate sample analysis
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Master's degree with 2-4 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Technical expertise in performing cell-based assays using human/rodent primary cells or cell lines (stellate cells, fibroblasts, monocytes, macrophages and adipocytes).
- Operational understanding of modern cell biology and pharmacology techniques including methods to evaluate cell signaling (western blot, immunoprecipitation), gene expression analysis, frozen/fresh tissue handing (homogenization, cell isolation), immunoassays (eg. ELISA, MSD, or Luminex, flow cytometry).
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature
- Hands on experience in rodent handling is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and organizational skills are required.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Research-Associate--SRAI-SRAII---Fibrosis-Biology_R0018448-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency