QC Chemist II, QC
QC Chemist II, QC
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Executes biochemical and chemistry release and stability testing using CE-SDS and icIEF following written procedures and applicable SOPs. Reports data in a GMP compliant manner.
- Supports in-process, release, and stability testing using routine analytical techniques such as capillary electrophoresis, as well as concentration analysis by A280 as needed, based on laboratory demand.
- Participates in validation and technical transfer of analytical methods commensurate with experience.
- Performs timely and accurate peer review of analytical test results.
- Performs preventative maintenance and/or calibration activities or coordinates and schedules these activities with a third-party provider.
- Responsible for cleanliness and orderliness of work area, maintains the laboratory in a state of inspection readiness and performs other laboratory maintenance duties as assigned.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives; looks for ways to improve compliance or efficiency and communicates to management.
- Participates in laboratory investigations and root cause assessment.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of applicable GMP laboratory experience is required.
- Experience using analytical techniques such as capillary electrophoresis and UV spectrophotometry.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask while working under restrictive timelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge with analytical methods currently used for purity and impurities testing for release and stability of biopharmaceutical products.
- Fluency in Empower, Windows, and Microsoft Office.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/QC-Chemist--II--QC_R0018274-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency