Manufacturing Team Lead
Manufacturing Team Lead
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
The manufacturing team lead provides daily job assignments to manufacturing staff and will supervise/perform cGMP production activities on the manufacturing floor to support the production schedule. These activities include media and buffer preparation, maintenance of cell cultures in disposable flasks and fixed (stainless) and disposable bioreactors, centrifugation, and depth filtration. They also include Clean in Place (CIP) and Steam in Place (SIP) of fixed tanks/vessels and portable equipment and Clean out of Place (COP) of miscellaneous parts and equipment.
- Develop technical expertise in cell culture manufacturing and provide technical instruction/training on current and new/improved processes
- Development and training of employees. Responsible for performance management of direct reports.
- Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with cGMPs.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Process Development, Technical Operations, Automation, Materials Management, and Validation departments on daily operations and projects.
- Manage or own quality system records including deviations, corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), change controls, etc.
- Regular review of documentation including batch records, logbooks, and forms.
- Implement and reinforce practices that make safety an ongoing priority for all operational activities
- Provide support to integrate best practices, where appropriate, into manufacturing. Support improvement initiatives.
- Author/update standard operating procedures (SOP's) and master batch records (MBR's)
- May lead or serve as a functional representative on cross-functional projects
This is a 4/10 daytime shift that will include at least one weekend day.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 4+ years with Masters in science, engineering or related field is required
- Prior experience in a Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) environment is required
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience with biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Quality systems, validation principles, regulatory guidelines, and multi-product controls
- Experience with distributed control systems (DCS) such as DeltaV and automated process equipment
- Background in disposable technology and multi-product facility desired
- Consistent positive attitude and demonstrated ability to learn new skills
- Proficiency in routine maintenance of analytical equipment including but not limited to: pH/conductivity meters, bioanalyzers, osmometers, benchtop centrifuges, and cell counters
- Strict adherence to established safety and compliance practices and standards
- Ability to think critically, with demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as applicable to manufacturing process, documentation, and equipment. Takes initiative in solving issues.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to lift 40 lbs repeatedly and stand for hours at time
- Able to work off shift hours as well as weekends as needed
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Manufacturing-Team-Lead_R0018155
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency