Team Lead, Distribution
Team Lead, Distribution
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Team Lead, Distribution
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision and guidance to distribution staff including planning daily tasks, prioritizing and scheduling activities.
- Responsible for managing activities related to receiving, storing, and/or shipping of materials or finished goods.
- Ensures materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures materials are available to meet production schedules and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules.
- Lead, facilitate, and manage projects focused on business improvements
- Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities.
- Works on problems of a semi-complex scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Frequently interacts with functional peer group managers. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Participates in investigation and resolves issues associated with immediate tasks when applicable.
- Provide solutions for cGMP deviations, including driving standard operating procedure (SOP) updates and revisions.
- Track all movement and handling of products in a computerized inventory system.
- Organizes and maintains accurate records associated with Distribution activities for the LaVerne Warehouse.
- Performs transactions associated with Distribution process through internal and external computer systems, including troubleshooting to rectify issues which could impact Gilead timelines.
- Takes independent action to ensure on-time delivery of material, and initiates action for return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Coordinates with internal departments for quick, accurate distribution of GMP samples / materials
- Notifies relevant departments as items are received, shipped or processed.
- Physically examines incoming or outgoing shipments, products or samples to ensure they meet specifications and match paperwork.
- Identifies and records deviations, and coordinates with internal or external departments to rectify discrepancies.
- May perform, or operate machinery to perform, physical handling of items, including assembling packaging, affixing shipping labels and instructions to packaging, moving shipments.
- May perform sampling of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), excipients and packaging components.
- Takes action to address simple deviations, exercises judgment in escalating deviations related to Warehouse activities.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS OR a High School Diploma and 10+ years of related experience.
- Proven ability to manage others
- APICS CPIM/CSCP certification or certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain and ERP software such as Oracle EBS, OTM, JDA, SAP, etc. is preferred
- Hands-on experience of using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Mobile Supply Chain Applications (MSCA), Radio Frequency scanners (RF) is preferred
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Team-Lead--Distribution_R0017523
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency