Sr Analyst, Reimbursement Strategy
Sr Analyst, Reimbursement Strategy
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Analyst, Reimbursement Strategy-Foster City, CA
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will implement and manage HEOR strategies and tactics for assets in a therapeutic area, ensuring our products are differentiated and bring value to our patients around the world.
This position will provide insights to support Gilead's US reimbursement strategy focusing on reimbursement operations optimization across the Managed Markets landscape.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Managed Markets (e.g. flow of product and dollars across the distribution chain, government pricing regulations, typical contracting terms and approaches) as well as reimbursement operations datasets (e.g. Chargeback, Commercial Rebates, Government Rebates, Trade)
- Strong analytical capabilities are required
- Ability to discern patterns in large data sets
- Innate sense of curiosity with the ability to leverage data creatively to uncover issues that may otherwise be missed
- Able to distill complex insights into clear and actionable recommendations
- Self-starter who enjoys working in an unstructured role, defining his/her scope and approach to solving key business issues
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple urgent deliverables
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding data manipulation and data visualization skills (expertise in SQL, Alteryx, Tableau)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Director and Senior Director, analyze relevant data to create strategic initiatives to improve revenue leakage activities (in house and with external vendors) and recommend course of action
- Continually monitor and enhance existing solutions as business conditions change
- Flag areas of concern and partner with key stakeholders to investigate
- As issues are identified, partner across Managed Markets and Commercial to establish short term and long-term solutions
- Work with Legal team on ad hoc data requests
- Support investigations across workstreams
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
We're seeking an analytical independent contributor with:
- 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a BA/BS degree OR 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a MA/MS degree
- 2 years' experience in Managed Markets preferred
- 2 years' experience with pharmacy and reimbursement operations preferred
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Analyst--Reimbursement-Strategy_R0019930-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency