Associate Scientist, Analytical Ops
Associate Scientist, Analytical Ops
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Works with Gilead internal researchers in the identification and selection of robust potency assays and optimization efforts for GMP applications.
- Identifies and deploys orthogonal characterization methods to aid in identifying critical quality attributes.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments, and should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals, and provide results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments.
- Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Responsible for production and maintenance of all critical custom reagents and cell lines used in development and QC potency assays.
- Contribute to developing and validating potency assays, confirming the potency of final drug substance and drug product, and supporting lot release and stability QC testing.
- Participate in structure activity relationship work as part of a team to characterize the molecule, degradation pathways and define critical quality attributes in a phase appropriate context.
- Participate in process development and compatibility studies.
- Under general supervision, develop and validate potency assays to support biological drug development.
- Operate scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, and prepare related reports. Plans and organizes details of experiments with guidance.
Essential Education, & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience with M.Sc. or MS in biology or relevant scientific discipline, OR 5 years of experience with B.S. degree
- Demonstrate hands-on experimental responsibilities in the laboratory including aseptic technique, routine cell culturing and performance of plate-based assays.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work in highly flexible and effective teams.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative working environment.
- A good understanding of Bioassay method development (ELISA, Receptor Binding, Flow Cytometry, and Cell-based) for early and late stage biotherapeutics is required.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP or GxP is highly preferred.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- Experience with GMP validation and testing is preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Associate-Scientist--Analytical-Ops_R0020095
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency