Community Liaison, HIV - West
Community Liaison, HIV - West
United States - Arizona - PhoenixUnited States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases conditions.
Gilead was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California. Since then, we have grown to become one of the world's largest biopharmaceutical companies, with 10,000 employees across six continents, and business locations in 38 countries.
Community Liaison (CL), HIV - West
The geography includes Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. There are approximately 2-3 overnights per week.
- Lead on all community-related initiatives and is fully responsible for augmenting regional sales of Gilead's HIV franchise within targeted markets.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing.
- Focus on the timely delivery of complex clinical information on the treatment and prevention of HIV, and the role of Gilead products in the treatment and prevention of this disease to culturally diverse patient populations, allied healthcare providers as well as higher level decision makers.
- Responsible for establishing strong working partnerships with key institutions and organizations serving these communities, such as AIDS Service/Community-Based Organizations (ASOs/CBOs), FQHCs, STI clinics, Addiction/Methadone Clinics, Faith-Based Organizations, cultural/ethnic organizations, and specialty and community pharmacies.
- Interface with a range of Allied Health Professionals including social workers, case managers, treatment educators, discharge planners, outreach workers, and others directly or indirectly linked to the community.
- Facilitate linkages from these institutions, organizations, and professionals to under served patients in order to improve access to care and treatment for HIV.
- The successful CL will possess the business acumen and professionalism required to gain the respect of community constituents while being skilled and adept at working with internal and external cross-functional teams in developing strategies and tactical objectives designed to increase product growth in untapped, undeserved markets.
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills to establish relationships of trust to uncover customer and patient needs and the ability to distill complex clinical concepts to appropriate literacy and conceptual levels for diverse audiences.
- This is a field-based position located in the Denver/Phoenix Territory
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree, preferably in the sciences, health or allied health field, or business related disciplines
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- High sense of urgency and strong work-ethic
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in pharmaceutical sales or related healthcare environment, including 3-4 years in the HIV marketplace is required.
- Strong therapeutic knowledge of HIV disease state is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or prior experience working in or with community-based organizations and patient populations in HIV is desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Arizona---Phoenix/Community-Liaison--HIV---Denver-Phoenix_R0020059-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency