Associate Director US Commercial FP&A - Special Projects
Associate Director US Commercial FP&A - Special Projects
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for this PositionThe Finance Associate Director will be the lead representing US Commercial Finance team on the implementation of 2 new systems to help create efficiency and optimize the way we work. The successful candidate will work cross functionally with Finance, IT and the US Commercial Business to ensure the seamless integration of SAP (Project Blue Stream) and a potential new solution for Gross to Net planning and forecasting. Given the criticality of the work this position will report to the head of US Commercial Finance. Success in this role will require the ability to cultivate an effective business partnership between the US Commercial business, IT and Finance. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, influencing and strategic thinking skills in order to ensure that we are implementing these tools in the most optimal way to support the business needs.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Responsible for assessing, defining, and implementing the framework to be used to deploy the Gross to Net tool. This will require cross functional collaboration and a deep understanding of the various inputs needed to develop a Gross to Net Forecast
- Work closely with the vendors and colleagues in accounting to ensure the tool can advance our current Gross to Net process to create efficiency and simplification.
- Assess the current Gross to Net processes and recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Act as Program lead for the US Commercial Finance team as it relates to Project Blue Stream (SAP ERP implementation)
- Work closely and ensure alignment with the Blue Stream mega process leads, functional business process owners and multiple internal stakeholders on areas impacting US Commercial Finance.
- Be the voice of the US Commercial Finance team at key Blue Stream sessions/discussions to ensure key timelines (Design, UAT testing) are communicated to and aligned with the responsibilities/deliverables of the US Commercial Finance team.
- Take accountability to ensure Commercial Finance team is deployed to effectively manage & actively contribute to the various Blue Stream activities (Order to Cash, Gross to Net, etc.)
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will have 10+ years of relevant with a BA/BS, 8+ with and MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma is strongly preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP (SAP) systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus.
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader is required.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-US-Commercial-FP-A---Special-Projects_R0019932
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency